The kitchen.

Percy

Why am I so stupid? Why do I have to act before thinking? I lay sprawled out on my small bed, I could hear the aggressive honking from cars outside, traffic is loud at this time of day. It's 12pm on a Saturday.

I've been awake since 9am, so that marks 3 hours of me just staring at the ceiling, thinking about my poor life choices. I was thinking about how this psycho killer is still after us, I was thinking about how my grades are dropping drastically(they weren't that good to begin with, but still). But most of all, my thoughts were clouded by a certain hot-headed blondie.

And her name is Annabeth Chase.

Now, if you didn't know. We kissed. Yeah, I know, I know. I shouldn't have done that, I should've stayed away. But how could I? How can I stay away from her? How can I stay away from her sparkling grey eyes? I cant. That's the problem.

I let out a loud groan, rolling over on to my stomach and hiding my face in my pillow. What is this girl doing to me? I've never felt like this about any girl, at least, I never allowed myself to. So why can't I do that with Annabeth? How come I can't shut out every feeling I have for her, like every other girl? Why am I feeling like this?

I sigh as I jolt up from my bed, I shivered as my bare feet touch the cold floor. I walk out of my bedroom and walk down the hall, I look into the kitchen to see my mom.

"Mom?" I say, my voice low and raspy as I hadn't said a word since I woke up.

My beautiful mother, Sally Jackson, turned to face me, a warm smile on her face. Her smile immediately lightened up my mood, it always does.

"Good morning, sweetie. Or should I say afternoon?" She laughed as she got up from her chair to walk over to me, she placed a small kiss on my cheek.

"I thought you had work?" I say I was walk over to the fridge, opening it.

"I took the day off. I wanted to spend time with my favorite little man." She said as she ruffled my already messy hair.

"Stop. Mom!" I laugh as I lightly shove her hands away from my hair, she always had ways to mess up my hair.

"You should really get a hair cut." Her nose scrunched up as she ran her fingers through my hair. I didn't really think my hair was that long, it barely covered my eyebrows.

"I like my hair." I say as I walk over to the coffee machine, grabbing the coffee beans.

"I love your hair, it just needs a little trim. Hmm?" My mom said as she sat back down, her voice was light and playful.

"I'll think about it." I snorted as I turned on the coffee machine.

"That's all I'm asking. Anyway, how's school?" She asks me as leans against the kitchen counter.

I paused. If I was being honest? It's been hell. My whole life right now has felt like hell. And I know what hell feels like. I feel exhausted all the time. I haven't gotten sleep since I found Silena, and it's gotten even worse since Beckendorf was killed.

I feel anxious all the time, but I can't show it. Because god forbid someone sees the 'perfect' Percy Jackson feeling anything other than happiness. I cant let anyone see my true emotions, or I'll lose everything I worked so hard for. People will pity me, or look at me like a freak, I can't tell the difference.

"It's good." I say, not looking at her. Cause I knew that if I looked at her, she'd see how I was truly feeling.

"Percy." I could hear my mom say, her voice was soft, yet stern.