8

Tellin' myself it's the last time
Can you spare any mercy that you might find

I'm sitting in the back of my maths class, trying to solve a quadratic sequence while Teresa waffles on about Thomas. "You don't even understand how fucking perfect he is y/n" she says gazing out of the window with dreamy eyes "Perfect's not the word I would use but ok" I reply focusing on my work. "Well, he's gorgeous so. you're clearly missing out" "I'm not supporting your delusions no matter how hard you try" I put my pen down and turn to her "Fine then I would support yours" she says turning to me. I look at her confused "I have no delusions for you to support" a grin forms on her face "Sure you do, the ones about Newt and how you replay all those times you've kissed in your head" she says mockingly "Shut up it was three times" her jaw drops "Fuck right off" she exclaims. "Shit" I mutter to myself "Care to tell me when this third time was?" she says grabbing my arm and shaking it, "No, not particularly" I look up to the clock above the classroom door, the hands showing 1:58. I start closing my book but Teresa stops me "Y/n, tell me now" I free my hand and begin packing up my stuff "Last night, at the glade" she puts her pencil case in her bag "You little slag" she giggles "So when am I meeting my nephews and nieces?" I slap her shoulder lightly "Piss off, I was high" we exit the classroom and walk towards form.

"Wow, you getting high and kissing Newt, that's something I would've never expected" we turn the corner and walk down the maths corridor, "You're actually so funny you know that, plus he's the one who asked to meet me" I say pulling on the straps of my bag as we push through a horde of year nines "Oi fucking watch it" a short one with curly brown hair shouts at us. "Who'd you think you're talking to?" I say turning around to face him, Teresa points at our ties that are a different colour to the rest of the school showing that we're year elevens "Know your place" she spits before we turn our backs on them and continue walking "Fucking children" she scoffs "Anyway back to you and your boyfriend" "He's not my fucking boyfriend" I say walking into the empty form room and making my way to the back "Not yet, but if you twos little situation doesn't sort itself out soon-" "Please don't finish that sentence" I interrupt as she slips into the seat next to mine "All I'm saying is it could be like fate or something, you know like destiny" I rest my head in my hands "I fucking hope not"

The rest of the form slowly start to trickle in, taking random seats as sir starts the register. "Has anyone seen Thomas, Minho and Newt?" sir shouts over our conversations, "I'm surprised he even noticed, he never takes his eyes off his phone" Teresa whispers to me. The door swings open and the three missing boys run in "Sorry we're late sir, Dr Paige wanted to speak with us" Newt splutters "I can only imagine about what" I whisper back to Teresa, referencing Thomas' ongoing feud with the science teacher. "Fine, take some seats" sir wafts his hand limply not taking his attention off his phone.

The boys look around for spare seats before landing on the ones directly in front of me and Teresa, Thomas struts towards the two seats in front of us followed by Minho and Newt. "Hey Teresa" he says sitting in the chair in front of her "Hey Thomas" she giggles as Newt climbs over Thomas to sit next to him and, unfortunately, in front of me. I rest my head on the table trying to drown out this entire interaction but a sudden yank of my hair prevents that. My head shoots up and I glare at Newt as a piece of my hair slides out of his hand, "Ow, the fuck was that for" I say snatching my hair away from him "No reason" he smirks turning his back to me.

I reach up and take a chunk of his blonde hair in my hand, pulling it down as hard as I can, his chair rocks back and he nearly falls off it. "Y/n what the fuck" he spins around clutching his head "Why the fuck did you do that?" he half shouts, "No reason" I reply crossing my arms. "You fucking whore" he smirks and shakes his head "Just because you want some attention doesn't mean you're gonna get it from me" "Yeah you would know wouldn't you" I snap back at him. "And what's that supposed to mean?" he says rising out of his seat "I think you know full well what it means, but I'm more than happy to remind you and your mates" I say copying his action. "You wouldn't" he whispers "Fucking watch me" I whisper back. "Y/n. Newt. Sit down now and stay there, everyone else out for lunch" sir shouts over the class.

"I'll meet you at the bench" Teresa says picking up her bag and getting up from her seat "Alright I'll see you on a bit T" I say defeatedly as she walks out of the class leaving me and Newt alone in the room with our teacher. "Ok you two, I'm going to the staff room I want you to sit here, apologise to each other and maybe you guys can try to get along, it's the last year you'll have to see each other so please just end the bickering, I'm tired of it" sir says exiting the room.

We sit there in the silence. I'm not apologising to him, he doesn't deserve it. "Not gonna say sorry?" Newt says interrupting the quietness "You don't get a sorry" I rest my back on the wall and place my feet on the chair Teresa was sitting on. "No need to be sassy with me, how about this? I'll apologise if you promise me something" he leans forward putting his elbows on the table in front of me. "Yeah no, I'm not promising you shit" "C'mon y/n, Minho's having a party tonight and he's invited you and Teresa, I just want you to promise that you'll be there" he rests his head in his hands, an innocent look plastered all over his smug face. "I'll go, but if you try to kiss me, I tell everyone about what happened at Gallys party, mine and the Glade" he thinks about my proposition for a second before stretching out his hand to me "Fine, but if you try to kiss me-" he starts "I won't" I interrupt him, there's no way I would ever want to kiss him again "But if you do, you can't tell anyone, ever. Deal?" I think for a second before placing my hand in his and shaking it. "Deal and I'm bringing Fry" "Who's Fry?" he asks suspiciously "A friend, why? You jealous?" I say picking up my bag and walking towards the classroom door "I'm definitely not jealous" he stops outside the door as I stand behind him, "You plan on apologising then?" I turn to him "Sorry for pulling your hair" he mumbles, "You should be" I say walking away from him and in the direction of mine and Teresas bench.