Chapter 10

Five Years Later:

Natashas back lays in the cool grass that's shaded by a large oak tree, and her eyes light up as she laughs at the sight before her. The pup straddling her chest bounces slightly because of this, but he doesn't seem to mind the action. In fact he starts to giggle along with his Mama, oblivious to the fact that he was the one being laughed at.

"Look at you, you're a mess!" she exclaims as her hand comes to soothe his wild head of hair full of small twigs, leaves and some mulch, "What did you go down the slide head first or something?"

"Uh huh, was fun!" he admits with a wide smile

She glances beside her to the backyard playground where the other two toddlers are playing. Sure enough at the end of the slide is a patch of messed up mulch and his stuffed tiger lays beside it.

"You are crazy, Pietro. It's a good thing you came to Mama to help sort you out instead of your Mom or Mommy"

"Why?" he asks as his head tilts adorably, letting a small leaf fall onto the Alphas abdomen

"Because they would have worried. Especially your Mommy."

"Oh, m'kay" he states, likely filing that information away for future mishaps.

She chuckles at him and continues to work on cleaning him up. He behaves and sits there, letting her make him look presentable while he watches his siblings continue to play. His sister, Sasha, is working on a sandcastle in the sandbox that was recently put in after a trip to the beach. And his half sister, Lena, is swinging on her swing with her stuffed bear.

"There we go my handsome little man, all fixed up"

"Thank you Mama!" he exclaims, glancing down at her briefly before darting back off to the playground

She watches him fondly as he picks up his tiger and brushes off the debris from it as he makes his way to one of the swings next to Lena. He sticks the plush between his legs so it can swing with him and he pushes his little legs off the ground to get his momentum going. The pups all laugh and smile, and Natasha knows without a doubt that retiring and having a domestic life was absolutely what she needed to truly feel whole.

"Alpha! Pups! Lunch is ready!" Wanda suddenly calls out the back door to them

Ever the hungry one, Lena jumps up and sprints towards the house, "Did chu make macs with cheese, Mommy?"

"Lena, baby, change out of your sandy clothes and wash your hands first! Then ask Mommy questions!" the Alpha shouts out as she stops the swings for the other two, "Go wash your hands too, please."

"Yes Mama!" they both reply before darting into the house as well

Wanda smiles as they all rush by her to do as their told, and she greets her Alpha with a kiss, "Hi love, you all looked like you were having fun"

"Hi dorogoy(sweetheart)" she replies, holding her close for a moment, "We were, them more so but I do love watching them just get to be pups"

The brunette nods in understanding, "Me too. So happy and carefree, as they should be"

The patter of small feet gains their attention and Lena bursts into the room in a mismatched outfit, "Macs with cheese Mommy?"

Wanda giggles at the small girl, "Yes honey, I made some"

"Yay!! Tank you!" she says, hugging Wanda's leg briefly before scrambling into her seat

The other two pups file into the kitchen next, and Pietros shirt clearly shows evidence of a mishap with the sink but neither of them mention it. He smiles a gap toothed grin, waiting to be given his plate as little Sasha struggles to get her chair out far enough for her to climb up on it