Chapter 7

When Natasha wakes a few hours later she isn't quite sure what woke her, but then it hits her. One of her Omegas isn't in the nest and in her rut she's more prone to missing their presence. Plus with them in heat, where else would they be?

She rubs the sleep from her eyes as her senses focus. Wanda was peacefully sleeping, curled into the Alphas side. Her heart begins to race as she realizes you are the Omega she's missing. She can feel her chest move rapidly as she sucks in air, her head swiveling around the room as she desperately tries to locate you.

Her instincts and fears claw at her mind when she still can't find you. She gently untangles herself from her other Omega, and makes her way from the nest. Your scent was still in the room and she couldn't smell any Alphas, these were good signs but considering everything that's happened she was still worried.

Then she hears you, your whines coming from the bathroom. Her feet carry her fast as she makes her way to you. She slowly opens the bathroom door, not wanting to frighten you. You're in the far corner, practically curled in a ball and trembling. She carefully makes her way over to you, allowing you to breathe in her scent so you're aware she's in the room.

"Y/n, my Omega, what's wrong?" she softly asks, her hand gently resting on your shoulder. You flinch away from her, letting out another whine. Her brows furrow, her instincts tell her to comfort you and so do your whines, yet you dont allow her to touch you. "Medovyy(Honey), it's me. It's your Alpha."

That seems to get through to you and your head lifts to look at her, "Tasha?"

"Can I touch you?" she asks. You hesitate to answer, not sure if your Alphas presence would help to sooth you or make things worse.

"I..I don't know." you admit, despite craving her touch

You don't miss the sadness that shows on her face at your words, "That's ok. Can you tell me what happened that distressed you so much?"

"I had a nightmare. Steve was in it and I got scared. I wanted to ask you to comfort me but because I thought of you I felt the need to mate hit me. I don't think my mind could handle the conflicting emotions because I started to have a panic attack, so I came in here not wanting to wake you or Wanda." you explain

"Oh, my sweet Omega." she says, sadness on her face, "I'm so sorry he hurt you like this. I wish there was something I could do to make it all better."

You whine and tremble again, your instincts begging you to be with your Alpha in some way. It takes everything in Nat to fight against her instincts that tell her to hold you, protect you and scent you. She doesn't want to make things worse for you, but keeping her distance during her rut was going to be nearly impossible.

"C-can you hold me, please?" you ask, a quiver in your voice

Her eyes light up, "You're sure?"

"Yes. I need to know I'm safe, and need to be reminded that I'm yours. Please." you reply

She carefully scoops you into her lap and settles onto the bathroom floor. You bury your head into her neck, breathing in her thick leather scent. She croons to help you relax as her strong arms hold you close.

"I've got you. He won't ever touch you again. You're my Omega, my mate. I'm right here, I'm not letting you go." she tells you

You let out a breath you hadn't realized you'd been holding upon hearing her soothing words. You settle deeper into her embrace and find yourself settling down, your mind no longer focused on Steve but on your loving Alpha.

Natasha is glad to feel you relax in her hold, but she's very worried about you. She didn't like that you were hurting so much and dealing with so many conflicting emotions during your heat because of your recent trauma. Although she worries about how Wanda will react she knows she has to bring up pups again. Only this time it will be about waiting to have them. She knew her other Omega would want to be with pup at the same time you were, and with everything going on it became very clear you weren't in a good place for that. It wouldn't be safe or fair to you to have you carry pups while so distressed and the last thing your Alpha would do is harm you in any way.