Chapter 31: Not Your Worst Idea

Minho caught Alex before she fell. She had slammed into a guard.

"SHUCK!"

"MINHO?"

"DAMMIT!"

"WAIT..WHAT?"

"THOMAS?"

"ALEX?"

"MINHO?"

"THE SHUCK? ALEX? MINHO?"

"NEWT?"

"THOMAS!"

"ALEX!"

They had run right into Thomas and Newt. Minho froze looking between the guys. "Is this real?" Alex could tell he was shocked they were standing in front of him. They came back, for him.

"I told you they would come for us Love!" Alex said, but she also couldn't believe their luck.

"Ya it's real man!" Thomas clapped Minho on the shoulder, then pulled him into a quick one armed hug. Newt also patted his shoulder, then pulled his best friend into a tight hug.

"It's good to see you!"

Newt pulled away and rounded on Alex.

"THAT WAS THE STUPIDEST BLOODY THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE! GOING OFF ON YOUR OWN!" he yelled at her.

Alex flinching away, her eyes wide; remembering her nightmare about him. He reached out and grabbed her. She stumbled forwards and Newt wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry Alex! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! For everything I yelled at you! I'm sorry! And then you were gone when we got back, I thought I lost you! And the awful things I said would have been my last words! Alex! I'm sorry!" He cried into the hair.

"Get a grip on yourself man. It's okay. I knew you guys would come for us."

She pulled away to look at him, he looked awful, and her heart nearly stopped. He was turning fast. She squeezed his hands- they were clammy.

"I forgive you. It's not you..."

"Let's get the shuck outta dodge!"

The loud sirens stopped, and they heard footsteps storming down the hall.

"I GOT THEM!"

"SIR! I HAVE EYES!"

"FREEZE!"

"Shuck sakes, always ruining the vibe." Alex mumbled, she turned and pushed Newt down the hall, "GO! That way! Run!" She shouted.

They ran a little ways when there were more guards in front, rounding the corner.

"YOU FOUR! STOP!"

Blue electricity balls were shot at them, Alex pushed Thomas out of the way. Thomas slammed into Newt. They both fell to the ground and Alex was hit instead. That jolt of electricity rushed through her body again.

"Come on! Come on!" Minho screamed.

He helped Newt to his feet, who was coughing so hard he couldn't catch his breath. Thomas scrambled to his feet, looking around wildly. Alex, who was jumping with electricity still, stood in front of the guys, as a human shield.

"In here!" Thomas shouted, sprinting back down the hall a little, flinging a door open.

"IN HERE! COME ON!"

Everyone followed and Thomas slammed the door, Minho and Newt pushed a big cart and some huge metal canisters in front of the door. Alex still had the electricity dancing up and down her arms. She grabbed the handle and lock, melting the metal. There was no getting in. Or out. There was pounding on the door from the outside, the four in the room backed up.