Chapter 24: Hijacked

Alex took another menacing step forward into the Tourture room. Janson, though his face was twisted he took a quick step back. Alex was seething with rage, she could feel every muscle was tense and coiled, her eyes narrowed and her hands were numb.

"JANSON! I SWEAR!" Alex screamed, raising her arm ready to throw the knife.

Minho made a small groaning noise. Alex's eyes snapped down to him. He didn't move but moaned again. Alex hesitated.

"Minho?" Alex breathed. 

She heard Janson cackling. Alex looked back at him, he had his walkie talkie out. He had pressed something on it. Alex heard a blaring beep in her ear from her stolen com. Without much thought or aim she chucked her knife at Rat Man. She heard it hit, heard him scream in pain. She didn't care right now. Her attention was on Minho.

She had dropped to her knees in front of him. She knew she didn't have much time. With the blaring siren, alerting all the guards where the intruder was, she knew it was only a matter of minutes before soliders and guards were on her.

"Min? Minho?" Alex pleaded.

She gently reached a hand to his face, cupping his bruised cheek. Her anger broke, and despair washed over her instead. She was looking into the face of a broken young man who once had joy and life in his face. 

"Come on Love, wake up." She whispered desperately, tears threatening to fall. Both hands were now holding his face. 

His eyes fluttered open for a brief second. Alex brushed her thumbs over his cheeks.

"Come on Babe! Minho, it's me. I'm here. I'm here now! Wake up!" Her voice broke.

His eyes fluttered open again, and stayed open this time. Alex could see his beautiful coffee brown eyes. But they looked confused, angry and scared.

Despite the confusion of seeing the terror in his eyes she smiled at him. "Minho!" Alex breathed in relief.

"Who ..." he muttered, his voice was raw and scratchy. 

"Who?" Alex asked, "Min, it's me! It's Alex!" Now it was Alex's turn to frown. Minho's eyebrows scrunched together. 

"Alex?" He muttered again and then whimpered.

"Min, what's wrong?"

She was still kneeling in front of him, holding his face in her hands. Janson had managed to crawl into the corner holding his shoulder where Alex's knife was still embedded.

"I...I don't...know you... I think...maybe?...Get..away.... You're a WICKED mut! Get...away..." He groaned and then let out another whimper. 

Alex felt like she was stabbed in the heart and her veins turned to ice. 

What did they do to him?

"Minho! It's me! It's Alex! You don't remember me? Remember us? Anything?" Alex asked desperately. 

She fumbled for one of her knives, Minho flinched when she brought it out. He tried fighting the restraints, his pupils dilating and his breathing stopped. Alex cut one of the bonds around his wrists, and then the other one. Both his hands were free. He slumped forwards, with nothing holding him up, Alex dropped her knife and caught him helping him sit back up. 

"Minho. Love. It's okay. I got you. I'm here-" she was cut off by Minho wrapping his hands around her neck. And he squeezed. 

She heard Janson cackling in the back. She also heard the pounding of footsteps from the hall. However, her main focus was on the young man she loved, who was trying to strangle her. His face was twisted with confusion, and anger and fear. He squeezed her neck, cutting off her air. Alex couldn't breathe.