Chapter 3: The mission

**A little collage of "Alex the Ace" the picture is an AI version of what I think she looks like. Also 2 of many sarcastic remarks that describe her**

The sun started to sink behind the mountains, even though it was still mid afternoon. Alex had stood still as a shadow for an hour waiting, before Alex heard the rumble of trucks.

"Alex. Heads up, they are on route." Thomas spoke in her ear.

"Yes Tommy, even with one good ear I can hear those damn trucks." She muttered back, "If you're going to keep stating the obvious I'm taking my com out. And Vince won't like that."

Vince's voice crackled back. "No. No I won't like it! Keep that thing in! We need tabs on you! If WICKED gets a hold of you...everything is compromised! You know too much and you're a high valued target now! I still think this is a bad idea!"

"See Tommy? Don't Piss Vince off."

She heard Thomas groan and the girls snigger.

"Also Vince?" Alex muttered.

"What?"

"Shut up. You know perfectly well I have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other and I'm dead in one ear...so I can only listen to one voice. And right now I'm trying to concentrate." She replied with a slight smirk.

It was Vince's turn to groan.

The rumble got louder. Alex's stomach danced with excitement, she knew these WICKED trucks brought a few more unsuspecting victims, increasing her personal body count. Alex knew she was twisted, broken and twisted. Taking out WICKED lackeys and elites made her feel better.

Alex used to hate these missions, she thought they were too slow and a waste of time. She would rather just storm all the known WICKED compounds and burn them down; ripping them apart, brick by brick, destroying everything in her way. She still thought they were a waste of time, but she got to at least tick off WICKED and take a few of their soldiers out. It gave her a rush. Maybe she was losing it, drifting too far away, but there was nothing like the thrill, the rush of an impending fight, firing a gun, shooting a few arrows, knowing a few less guards and Soilders weren't going back to Janson.

She smiled meliciously as the first truck came into view.

Alex pulled her bow off her back and knocked an arrow. She brought it up and held it, the string pulled tight. Waiting. The first truck slowed down. She could see the driver look at his buddy. The truck came to a complete stop, the engines still idling. Alex smiled, these fools stopped right where they wanted them to. It would make Brenda and Kenzie's job easier. She knew the extra back up, with air and ground support was unnecessary, this was definitely a job The Power Squad could have handled on their own. But with two high valued targets, Vince wanted this done to the max.

The WICKED soldiers sat there for a moment unsure what to do. Alex could see the second truck pulling up and stopped behind the first. Alex stood there in the middle of the street, bow pulled tight. Still waiting. They slowly opened the truck doors and pulled their guns out.

Perfect. Keep coming, you idiots.

They took another cautious step towards the loan person shrouded in black holding a bow and arrow, unsure if they should raise their guns or not. They kept glancing at each other and around them.

The second truck's doors opened and the soldiers from that truck also hopped out.

Her ear com buzzed, "They are coming towards you." Vince stated.

"Shut up." Alex snapped.

"What?" A soldier yelled, they had all stopped, raising their guns, pointing them at her.