🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 6 🐍

Start from the beginning

"So, this is Scarabia Dorm," Grim states as the three walk the walkway, admiring the designs placed on the buildings. "It really is sweltering like it's summer over here!" He walks over to the fountain, putting his paw in, enjoying the fact that the water was cold despite the hot air around them.

"I'm sure it's a welcome reprieve from the cold," Jamil states as he looks at Angel groaning from the heat. He offers his hand out, with Angel looking at it in confusion until she realized he was signaling the coat and gloves on her, which she was happily eager to shed off and hand it to him, enjoying the hot air without the idea of roasting like a pig. "Come, this way," he says as leads the way, with the two following him. As Jamil stepped to the main entrance, the giant doors open, and the duo looked at the sight in awe. If the palace was huge on the outside, then the hallways were no different, seeing that the ceiling was so tall that even if someone was flying about 40 feet in the air, they would barely be able to touch the ceiling. The three walk, with the two following Jamil, looking around admiring the hallway. They saw that there were doors lined up on the wall, each of them being about two heads taller than Angel and saw that there were lights decorating the halls, some of them being extravagant chandeliers hanging above them and some strange designs propped on the wall, along with various paintings, statues, and potted plants lining the hallway. As they walk, they could see that there were no 'windows', instead being open wall fixtures to see the area around them, looking into them every now and then to see a new facility they couldn't see at the entrance. They saw that Scarabia had plenty of courtyards, what looks to be a resting area with a water fixture and chairs, palm trees bearing fruits, and other things they haven't seen on campus or on the other dorm's territory, making them look at wonder at the dorm. After walking for a while, going up various stairs and hallways, Jamil stopped at some double doors, causing the others to stop as well. "This is Scarabia's Lounge," he announces, in which he pushed them open and the two looked at the sight, seeing that in the huge room in front of them that there were pillows of various sizes and enormous carpets littering the floor, with small low tables holding what looks to be little candles, plates, decorations, and drinks. Looking at the ceiling, there were what seems to be red color fabric snaking its way across the ceiling, showing dips and turns when necessary, free falling at certain spots, fluttering in the wind with hanging light fixtures, with Jamil telling them that some of them were called twinkya lights** and the others are just lanterns, lighting the way, but the lights were unnecessary since in the back of the room, there was a enormous patio with railing, letting the sunlight light up the room instead, but that's not to say that the lights didn't let out a faint, exotic feel to the room. The two look around in awe at the room, looking around them as they take in every detail of the room, seeing students move around, placing dishes on the tables. Jamil clapped his hands, trying to get attention of some of the students bustling about. "Boys, we have guests! Play some music to make them feel at home," Jamil announces, and the students comply, pulling out various instruments and starting to play a melody that they haven't heard.

"Myah hah hah!" Grim laughs as he sees students playing instruments as they walk into the room, some of them taking their place on the floor, ready to eat. "When you get as famous as us, I guess people fall all over themselves to get in your good graces." Jamil leads them to a spot on the floor, in which he gestures for them to sit, only to comply, feeling how soft the carpet and pillows were, enjoying the comfort they provided. They looked in front of them to see that there were dishes in front of them, their mouths watering at the sight of such delectable dishes sitting there, as if teasing them to take a bite.

Jamil sees this and smiles at them. "Please, go on," he says to the two. "Eat up while it's hot."

"Don't mind if I do! Awmph!" Grim happily says as he starts to get food off the table, and Angel follows suit, carefully getting food away from Grim's line of sight. Once the two got their food, they took a bite, eyes wide at how delicious the food was. "Mmm, this's good stuff!" Grim says as he chews the food. "It's got a rich flavor, with a powerful kick of heat..."  He gets another bite of food, and moans in happiness. "This veggie stir-fry with crunchy nuts is great!" He starts to eat another item of food. "Oh, and so are these fried dough ball things!"

"We have meat dishes and soup as well," Jamil states, watching the two eat. "Please, help yourselves; there's more when that came from."

The two happily chew at the food, not turning down Jamil's invitation. "Nom...Nom nom..." Grim chews. "Y'know, with a veritable buffet like this in front of us, this really IS paradise!"

"What is all this commotion?" a voice says, getting everyone's attention as they look at the doors, seeing that a tanned boy with short grey hair and red eyes were staring at them with a stern expression on his face. The boy had on the same outfit as the others, only with a few added details, such as a longer sleeveless vest that reached down to a little before his ankles with what looks to be maroon fabric around his neck, and on his arms were some kind of white design, with his right bicep having a design that stopped around his bicep and the design on his left bicep coiling around to his left shoulder. Along with the designs, there were many gold bangles on both of his wrists, and on top of his head, there was a maroon scarf across his head, tied in a bow on the right side of his head, with what seems to be red feathers attached to the end of the bow, and gold earrings dangling from his ears. The students only froze at the sight of him, leaving Angel and Grim confused.

"H-Housewarden!" The students exclaim in fear.

"Ah. Kalim," Jamil states, making the two look at him in confusion.

*= The description I was trying to explain here is basically the Taj Mahal. If you guys don't know, it is named one of the remaining wonders of the world, while it's basically a palace that is symmetrical in every way, with the fact that if you split the place in half, then it would be the same on both sides. The place is mainly based on Arabian palaces but describing it as the Taj Mahal was easier for me.

**= I had to look these up for a better description. Those they are not called "twinkya lights" but there is a picture that can describe what I'm thinking about. These lamps are lighting fixtures that have intricate designs, a pattern usually being shown in the lamps with the light inside.

These lights are what is considered "twinkya" but when I looked it up online, there want an official word for them (or at least I haven't researched deep enough)