You're Losing Me

can't help it. the need to write some angst is killing me. I know when I bring up angst and couples, everyone's minds go to Jack and Archie. I do have to say be prepared for some angst with them here but it's not fully about them. Their angst will come soon though.  

I know that I have a lot of couples but I'm surprised no one has seen problems coming with this couple...

Song: You're Losing Me - Taylor Swift

Of course, this song is sang from a girl's pov but this chapter is through the guys. get the tissues guys cause even I cried writing this one. The first word is going to give all of you a heart attack.

-------------------------------

You say, "I don't understand, " and I say, "I know you don't"
We thought a cure would come through in time, now, I fear it won't
Remember lookin' at this room, we loved it 'cause of the light
Now, I just sit in the dark and wonder if it's time

He hadn't told Jack what's been happening. He hadn't really told anyone actually. He didn't want to admit anything was wrong.

Bunny sat on the couch of the living room in the house. He stared at the door as he waited for Lily to come back from Eleanor's house. He didn't bother with turning on any lights. He had felt darkness creeping into him for a long time now. He turned to look at the pictures on the wall, one standing out to him. 

A picture of him and Lily standing in the bright fields of Seraphina's home. They both loved the picture because of how the light of the sunset reflected off of them. Now he didn't know. 

They weren't the same. They hadn't been in a long time. 

They had tried to talk things out but...she didn't understand.

Do I throw out everything we built or keep it?
I'm getting tired even for a phoenix
Always risin' from the ashes
Mendin' all her gashes
You might just have dealt the final blow

Bunny watched as Jack stormed off once again, a fight between him and Lily. Lily was still trying to tie down the free spirited boy. He knew that it was her instincts, he knew it was her need to feel that she was in charge of the never aging kit. He also knew Jack was coming to another breaking point. 

He was coming to a breaking point. Lily wasn't adjusting. After all these years of them being back now, Lily still wasn't understanding how he lived now. How him and Jack lived. None of them were understanding. Somehow Ares was the only one understanding. 

He had loved Lily for years. Decades. They had fights over the years, ones that would end in them walking away for a few days but they always came back. However, this argument between Lily and Jack...it was getting to much. Something was different between them. It wasn't the same.

Stop, you're losin' me
I can't find a pulse
My heart won't start anymore
For you
'Cause you're losin' me

He was watching Lily across the fields as she helped other girls with their sewing. Usually he'd be standing with her but after their fight he didn't know where they stood. He still loved Lily Bunnymund with all he had but there was something missing. 

He had lost some of it along the way. 

Was it because she was gone so long? Was it because he had changed? Was it because his heart put his kit first before her now?

He met her eyes to see happiness. He didn't understand. Was she not feeling anything different? 

Every mornin', I glared at you with storms in my eyes
How can you say that you love someone you can't tell is dyin'?
I sent you signals and bit my nails down to the quick
My face was gray, but you wouldn't admit that we were sick