Chapter 5: I just wanted a friend

Malcolm-

Connor and I separated our siblings from each other to prevent injuries or murder from happening. as they were about to leave and saying their goodbyes i nudged Annabeth to apologize for the accusing  "I'm sorry for harassing you guys. i shouldn't have acted the way i did." 

"we accept your apology" Travis forgave Annabeth. Travis put his elbow on Connor's shoulder and smiled. 

after the stoll brothers left i flopped on my bed staring at the ceiling rethinking how me and Connor stoll just became friends. "Hey brother, i saw you and Connor sitting down together and talking. i'm guessing you two are friends. of all people Malcolm why-" 

"of all people Annabeth why Percy Jackson?" i interrupted. Annabeth had no words after. she simply turned around and worked on a blueprint for a remodel of the Hecate cabin.

 i don't mean to seem like a bad brother. I'm happy for her! honestly. But if she was going to say 'malcolm why be friends with a thief, prankster, and so on' then she can't be talking. Athena our mother first didn't approve of Percy being the son of her biggest rival. our entire cabin warned her of our mothers judgement, she didn't care. And look at them now! they're still living their best lives happily together. So why can't I be friends with a Hermes kid? i don't remember any conflict Hermes and Athena had. 

i'd understand the concern of personality change and them being a bad influence hanging around a Hermes kid but if that would've went for Annabeth and Percy, well, no offense to Percy at all but Annabeth would've became rebellious and impulsive. So what's the problem with being Connor's friend? 

Connor was the first person to not be disgusted by me (besides my siblings) because of my sexuality, i just wanted a friend who can be by my side when I need it. Connor was able to be there for me when i needed it just now. That's all i wanted, a friend who'd pick me off the ground when i'm far too low. Why couldn't Annabeth see that?..

i sat on a small beige comfortable chair and grabbed a book from my personal bookshelf. i pulled out a book i was planning to continue reading. i looked at the cover and examined it. i always appreciated the book covers. the cover designer on this specific book is so pretty and interesting. I love the "Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales" the book cover version is the navy blue with an extremely detailed castle with little fairies around it. Not many people know this about me but i love horror stories mixed with fantasy. the "Grimm's complete fairy tales" had just that for me. i flipped to the page i was reading last which was the beginning of a new story. I personally can't leave off on a normal page it has to be before a new chapter or in this case story. Just as i was about to start reading there was a knock at the door. It was likely Percy or Piper since they always came to visit Annabeth.

 "Malcolm can you get the door, please?" Annabeth asked. I hesitated and sighed. I debated on whether or not i should open the door but i have to consider manners and how Annabeth asked nicely and used her manners by saying please. so i'll be a good brother and open the door i guess. i put my bookmark back in the book and got up to open the door. It was Piper holding two sets of clothes. "Hey Malcolm! it's a pleasure to see you!" she held the clothes on one arm and shook hands with me. Piper was a nice person. She would include me in conversations most of the time. "Nice seeing you too." I smiled and let her in. I closed the door and sat back in my chair

Piper ran to hug Annabeth "Pipes!" Annabeth exclaimed while giving her a bear hug. Piper laughed. I guess Piper noticed what Annabeth was working on because she asked what she was working on. "Oh yeah that, it's a new design for the Hecate cabin. Leo, Cecil and Lou Ellen blew up the cabin" they discussed the blueprint a bit more till Piper realized she forgot to talk about her outfits "Oh wait! i forgot I got a fashion emergency! Me and Shel are going on a date later tonight and i don't know what outfit i should wear. This really fancy dark purple dress or a casual look with an olive green flannel, red strappy cropped top, jean shorts and hightops" 

Annabeth paused for a moment "do you know where you guys are going?" 

"no that's the problem! She said it was a surprise " Piper freaked out. I never really understood the reasoning for being so dressed up for a date. Your date is supposed to see you not your clothes, But i've never actually been on a date so i don't know anything about being on a date. "I mean, What places has she wanted to take you to but never took you too?" Annabeth asked. Piper turned to me as she held up the clothes on a hanger ignoring Annabeth's question out of stress "What do you think i should wear?" i thought about it carefully. Piper's girlfriend could be taking her to a picnic or something simple on the other and something really fancy. i have a feeling the best bet is the casual look. "Casual" i said simply then went back to reading my book. 

"I agree, the causal look is way more suitable. Shel could be taking you to a 'non fancy' place like a simple walk and you'd be dying in those foot killer shoes" Annabeth explained.

"stilettos? i mean in italian or french those do mean sharp knives or something like that" Piper said 

Piper thanked us and left our cabin giving Annabeth and I a hug. then we went back to what we were doing. that is Reading and working on a blueprint.

HEYYYYY!!! HOPED U LIKED THIS CHAPTER!!! sorry for the huge wait i've been busy with stuff. I've planned the ending of this book. mix of angst and fluff. Should i add smut to a chapter or make an epilogue for it? i'm not sure which one i should do.

sorry for any grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes. if you catch any kindly tell me and  change them! 

see you in the next chapter! ;) 

-G