10 | Aurora Borealis

| 10 |

Children of Life, thy not fear them.
For merciful are they, to us that revere faith.
–Priest Hamoranda, Follower of the Ego: The Advents Of Life

The Origin, in a different form, watched his master's tired form, piecing eyes of frost daring anyone to come

Silent was he, who let his mother free. But she promised him a new family, one that is born by the blood of his other mother and an existence strayed down the wrong path.

He doesn't know what to expect, for he has frozen everything but apathy and loyalty.

But curiosity is the basis of discovery, so does the Origin hope to discover what it feels to be alive and not coated in forever ice.

×××

| Arthur Leywin, days later |

A few days passed since Elenoir narrowly avoided an eternal freeze brought by an Origin, or Aurean as people of today called them. Me and Tess had been busy reading books about these Mana Beasts (Can they even be called one?), absorbing all knowledge we can find to help the currently sleeping Alden, whom Elder Rinia diagnosed to be still getting used at the eventually calming Will and Mana Core she has now.

A cheat code, in some way but I guess my past life can also be called that.

And now currently, me and Tess were dragged by two older Elves to a room with a large water basin filled to the brim for reasons to tell yet. Tess was beside me, Elder Vir– I mean, Gramps was leaning in one of the pillars, and the main star of the show herself was in a direct face-to-face position.

"So, you can help me see my parents?"

"Yeah kid, it's a favor returned for letting me take your sister back at my abode for training."

Ah, I forgot to mention. The Elven Council thought it was both safer for everyone that Alden should be sent with Elder Rinia to train with her newfound powers, as the mountains were abundant of mana and home to a species of Nymphs, who had similar properties of an Origin that would help my sister get used to it all.

Though it'll separate us three, the King was also courteous to let me and Tess visit my sister time to time, emotional instability are not good for Origin Hosts.

"Now boy, start imagining the most detailed image of your parents that you can recall. Once their reflections appear in the water, you'll be able to speak to them through it too."

I closed my eyes, gripping hard at the wooden basin as I conjure the most accurate description of my parents. From Mother's moon-blessed beauty to Father's sun-kissed personality, I believe in no Gods but I pray to the Ego that they survived.

Novaturient: Act 1 | Bladed AureliusOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara