05 | Ascension of The Lost

| 05 |

"Fly, fly away."
"Like a bird in the sky."
–Nameless Bard. 14th War of Elves

Upon a luxurious bedroom lies a fallen king, death by poison served upon his throne

A simple shadow of ghostly porcelain smiled sorrowful at the King, the cracks in her skin decorated with inky drips.

Her soulless eyes blinking with black tears dissipating before they touch the mortal flesh.

"Rest my King, my old friend."

The shadow sparked, her broken hand mimicking her broken self.

"We will soon meet again."

And soon the servants found their Highness already transcended death, unknown ink draping the bedsheets unnoticed was left.

×××

| Arthur Leywin |

Ugh...

I can feel my bones already in dust...

My poor fucking bones...

Forcing my eyes to awaken, I find myself in a forest clearing, somehow intact and alive. I couldn't move now, the pain was fresh, all I could do is gaze up at the cliff and ponder how did I survive THAT.

I don't know the logic, but I'm thankful for the Ego of Life for this. Looks like–

"Brother...?"

My eyes snapped wide as I forced my head to turn, finding myself staring eye-to-eye with my younger sister.

"A-Al—"

"BROTHER!"

Before I could utter her name, Alden bursted into tears and wept beside me, her hair fluttered in a chaotic way. I smiled, it was rare for her to be like this.

"I-i thought, you w-weren't gonna survive–"

"Shh. I'm fine, there's no need to worry."

Despite not being able to move, my vocal cords seem fine enough to be understandable. Alden didn't listen though, as it made her tear up more.

I guess she couldn't handle the anxiety of me dying, so I let her cry in my already torn shirt, whispering words of comfort to reassure my sister that I was very well alive, in a bad shape but alive.

×××

It took a while for her to release all that pent-up trauma, no seriously it did.