08 | Path of Eternity

| 08 |

"Let this promise in me start."
"Like an anthem in my heart."
–From Now On, The Greatest Showman

The newly returned Elven Princess hummed a peaceful song, preparing herself to merrily make her way to her friends' room

Why you ask?

To awaken Art with Ald as a prank!

...Or that would've been.

But this morning changed.

"TESSIA!"

Arthur shouted, slamming the door of her room as he breathed heavily.

"Art? What–"

"A-Alden! She, she..."

"SHE'S MISSING!"

×××

| Tessia Eralith |

It's been early morning, but the castle was already in chaos.

Because that morning was the one where Alden had went missing.

A few hours ago, Art slammed my door and shouted on how she dissapeared, so close to what Mama described as a panic attack. They told me that it happened because Arthur is scared and worried that he lost control of his emotions, possibly also his Mana. I tried to calm him down, enough that he could hear our voices and verbally respond to them. 

"Art, did you feel anybody entering your room last night?"

Papa asked Art in a tone I heard him use only when talking to the other grown-ups, as Mama would say. Art shook his head is a no manner, looking very tired and scared.

"If I did, I would've felt them taking Alden away. This had to be done by magic..."

"We've inspected your room and seen some unidentified mana signatures lingering around, but they don't lead anywhere..."

Grandfather murmured, ruffling his white hair. He seems a bit worried for Art too... Auntie Rinia was beside him with arms crossed, thinking about something really deep. I kept patting at Art's head, trying to comfort him in any way.

"There could be one place that girl could go..."

As soon as Auntie Rinia said that, Art perked up with hopeful eyes. He was standing at looking face-to-face with Aunti Rinia with a newfound determination in him. We all looked at her, I especially do with expectancy.