06 | Skylight

| 06 |

"Where the North Wind meets the Sea."
"There's a river full of memory."
–First Two Verses of a discovered Poem from eras lost.

Clad in darkness, the monster shone

As the underground horizons of rock did its horns torn.

Yet beneath that form of destruction.

Lies a white ember, still blazing against death's temptation.

×××

| Alden Leywin |

I could hear Brother falling back in fear when he saw what I did, yet I could care less about him at this moment due to one unexpected reaction.

Awe.

Overpowering my shock and terror-filled azures was the uncanny awe of this large knight-like demon, watching her black horns extending to the cavern ceiling, wine red eyes shining with intimidation, the quaking footsteps, and whilst the heavy claws that scorched horror to those that anger this creature.

...How poetically beautiful.

"Bugs will fly in your mouths if you keep it open for that long."

Brother audibly clamped his gaping mouth shut as mine was in a more silent manner. The armored figure extended one of its large claws to us as a support of our jelly-felt-like legs, presumably from fear.

"It will take time for me to conjure a dimensional rift powerful enough to send you to home, children. Until then, you may satiate yourselves with these nourishing special fruits"

As she said those, I noticed a large gaping wound in her chest, drops of golden-reddish blood. It looks old yet unhealed, I wonder...

Seems Brother noticed it to but didn't ask, because he stammered a thank you to her before barely walking to one of the...roots? shrubs? vines? I don't know, so I'm just gonna call them life-sustaining plants.

Walking to a patch of these life-sustaining plants, I gently nudged a small glowing berry in a way that made it look like I was inspecting it. These "fruits" make me think of the days I found a few berries back at the orphanage I grew up, but I'll savor the reminiscences later and focus on the present.

Glancing at Brother, I noticed a faraway look in his eyes, a strained sigh in his voice. Looking at the obvious, it was clear he missed Mother and Father. I clenched my teeth and nudged him, getting his attention. Before he could ask why, I pointed to a higher root where a more brighter and bigger fruit was hanging.