Twelve: Battle for Brooklyn

The explosion caused by Banzai Bill was so massive that it threw the Mario siblings off course and onto the streets of Brooklyn, their home city. After being displaced from one location to another, they were surprised to have ended up there.

"Where are we?" Froggy asked, rubbing her head in pain.

"I think we're in Brooklyn," Luigi replied, somewhat surprised.

Froggy began to panic, urging her brothers to return to their search for their friends immediately. She was worried that they were still out there and needed their help. That wasn't even the worst of it; Foreman Spike, who was driving around the city with the car, rushed out angrily.

"Mario?"

Froggy hissed through her teeth. it was that jerk Foreman Spike again. He picked her brother by the shirt and shook him almost aggressively.

"You almost dented my—"

Without warning, a Bowser stone statue was brought forth, and alongside it a lot of mushrooms, and the rest of the crew who Froggy thought they left behind.

"What... did...I... just...do?" Froggy asked, mournfully.

Mario gasped.

"Froggy, look, the star," he said, pointing to it," get to it, while Luigi and I get the others somewhere safe."

"No, fratello," she said, I won't leave you!" Froggy spoke like she was about to cry.

Suddenly Bowser arose with rage taking over his soul, and body.

"YOU!"

Froggy gasped, and sprinted towards the star, but Bowser blocked it, and intimidatingly asked her if she wanted the star, before picking her up, and punched her, making her come into contact with a car's windshield. That didn't stop her from getting up, and running but Bowser had the upper hand.

He spat fire, which Froggy quickly dodged.

"THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!" The Koopa King roared, "I WAS FINALLY GONNA BE HAPPY! BUT NOW, YOU'LL SUFFER, LIKE ME!"

Froggy once again, got thrown into a car, but Froggy managed to escape and dodge Bowser's attacks, but not before she got smacked by Bowser's tail right into the Punchout Pizzeria.

"YOU REALLY THOUGHT YOU COULD STOP ME, YOU WORTHLESS ORPHAN!" Bowser shouted, "COME OUT AND FIGHT, OR ARE YOU TOO SCARED?!"

Froggy was in distress, after all the whole situation was her fault, she should've never run away, she should've never helped Prince Haru, and now Brooklyn, and her family was in danger, all because of her.

"Mario, Luigi... I failed you..." she thought. It seemed like all was lost, when suddenly, a chubby, chittering, aquamarine star; came whizzing into the facility.

"Lily! There you are," said the star," we've been searching the galaxy for you!

The gave girl gave the chubby star, a distressed smile.

"Cute talking stars?" Froggy asked, "I must be dead, or dying."

"Hate to tell you, but you're not dying," the star said," Perhaps our Mama can help!"

Froggy grunted in pain.

"Mama...?"

Suddenly, the one-eyed space spirit lady came gliding slowly toward the injured girl.

"Excellent work, Lumalee," the lady praised, you located your sister, and my little princess."

She then turned to the girl with the frog hat, who was still hurt, scared, and confused. Still, she managed to get to the space lady with some effort.