Chapter : 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

After a much extent of time ~

We were shifted to one room like some sack of goods.
Mom muttered in a low tone ,"water" please some water " to which a loud thud was heard here she came with high heel boots in front of my mom and said , "Aunty, oh my sweet aunt now you expect me to provide you water after all that you have done to me ?? , that is really nice of you, she added with smirk.

Then she turned to me and with a cold steel tone nearly barked me by saying " Be ready Miss Singh , my play has just begun whether you want to be "Antonio" from Merchant of Venice or be happy well that's up to you my child ,"with that being said her heels took off with great speed and within seconds she was out of the room. Mom was half- conscious and I could see Ryan trying desperately to get up and Laura not awake. To be honest I really feel guilty and sad for Tia she was not really involved in this mess at that time and was not really aware of it too but she was kind of forcefully dragged in this doom and yes, of course I feel sorry for her feelings too because I feel responsible for literally sending her off to that psychopath who could have used her and threw her off and I strongly feel she would have let her get used too as she loves him and this is what I am sure of , she would have done anything to get his attention and love ; may it be get confined to him unknowningly. I really thank god that his true face was revealed soon or not maybe; there is more to it - actually nothing surprises me anymore.

After some period of time I saw Amrit coming all the way towards our room and he sat close to me and said pertaining the amount of people surrounded me that, " Do you really not recognise me , other than the "neighbour" tag that I have with me that solely made you realise that it's me ?" I was the only one left to be , who was still battling with the last ounce of strength left in me while everyone else had already passed out again because of this unending torture.

I merely looked at him and simply replied, " I knew you, like kind of heard of you after we had moved to USA and it was like ages ago , but there was nothing special about it . Rather I should ask you who the hell are you and what right do you have in torturing us in this hellish of a place ?"
He was kind of taken aback by the boldness of my question even though he rightfully saw through me that I was in the verge of dying anytime at this shitty place. Then he got up showing up his full frame and spat, "I am none other than the one of a person who was convicted because of your father's audacity and stupendous behaviour because I had offered to take up his business at India and merge with ours , I guess uncle do know that and remember what he did to my family and we had to re-begin our deals which was not a easy task to do and I had to spend a whole of a month in custody."

I was definitely taken aback after this revelation like I understand the reason behind Claire's revenge but this thing it was too big of an issue and I have heard only his side of view though I have to hear my father's version too but will I be alive until then? that's the bigger point. I asked him in a steel voice ," So , why haven't you abducted him too? " He calmly replied , I wanted to give him the same taste he had given to me and my family , you need to understand bad deeds does not go deaf-ears". Saying all those he left.

Ryan had got up by the time he left , I guess he was taking a nap . He asked me ," you alright?" I replied devoid of emotions as I was still not out of the trauma Amrit had given me ," I am-am- umm- alright. "He sensed the grimness of my voice despite it being all emotionless and patted me and comforted me with gestures.

After all these time we saw, though mom had woke up several times but Tia did not respond which made me only worried with fear and the need to take her to hospital was coming in much need but to no avail.

After more than 11 hours and all these days of toil we could find cops tracking us and recovering us from this messy place after we got out of the place full of stale air , I nearly dozed off but was caught by Ryan and others cops too , mom and Tia were taken to the hospital and we were taken straight home .

After 4 hours of journey~

Though I was kind of relieved to have been taken back home but the doubt in my mind about father remained.

Amrit and Claire were taken away by the cops to custody and talks were being held up about being presented in court , that was the only thankful thing I could have felt about for the law and order but not to the amount of time they took to find us in the outskirts of the city where we were nearing our death.