Chapter 46

NAMKYU'S POV

"You're here," Hyungwon exclaimed, his face instantly brightening up. I hurried over, gently guiding him indoors with a push.

"Nami, babe wait up" he giggled as I hurriedly close the door. My body is feeling hot right now.

"Hey, hang on a sec," he said, grabbing my shoulders.

"Yeah?" I responded with a playful tone, toying with the edge of his shirt.

"Kim.Nam.Kyu," he called out my full name, his expression showing he's restraining.

"Babe, listen," he said, looking directly into my eyes.

I looked right back at him and bit my lower lip, all the while continuing to play with the hem of his shirt, playfully teasing him. Just then, I heard someone clear their throat.

"I mentioned earlier that this is the final time I'm covering for both of you," my brother Sungkyu's voice chimed in.

"You're back, huh?" I grinned as I pulled away from Hyungwon.

"So you're the one who always pounces on Hyungwon? It's not the other way around?" Sungkyu raised his eyebrows, looking curious.

"Most likely," Hyungwon murmured, earning an elbow nudge from me.

"I headed home after I heard that Seungwoo came to get you here," Sungkyu explained. "Let's talk in the living room," he added, walking off towards the living room.

"I told you to wait, but you just couldn't resist, huh?" Hyungwon whispered to me. "Babe, next time, maybe try being a good girl," he teased with a smirk, before following Sungkyu to the living room.

I joined them in the living room shortly after.

"Where did Seungwoo take you?" Sungkyu inquired. "Was it to meet Mihye?" he added with a grin.

"He mentioned that he—" I started, but Hyungwon cut me off.

"Don't try to cover for him," he interjected, his tone dripping with a hint of jealousy.

"You sound more upset than I am," Sungkyu quipped at Hyungwon, clearly joking.

"Yeah, because she left me all alone here to catch up with her ex-boyfriend," Hyungwon retorted.

"Hey, I didn't meet him for personal reasons," I defended, trying to clear the air.

I don't really want to start a fight with Hyungwon, but when I see him getting all jealous, it just makes me want to tease him even more.

"I told him that he's got the CCTV footage from the host's room during the engagement party," I explained. "So, I quickly tagged along with him because I'm pretty sure my face is in that footage," I added.

"And did you actually see the footage?" Sungkyu asked me.

"Yeah, my face is definitely there," I replied.

"Where on earth did Seungwoo get that?" Sungkyu wondered aloud, trying to figure out how Seungwoo managed to get hold of CCTV footage from the Hwang's mansion.

"He said Mihye gave it to him," I answered.

"What if the Hwangs decide to leak that clip to the media? Wouldn't that be a headache for Namkyu?" Hyungwon asked my brother.

"Oh, yeah, about that, he—"

"Wait, didn't Changkyun help you out back then? You know he's the whiz with hacking cameras, right?" Hyungwon interrupted.