23. Results

Anri slammed her hands on the table as she watched your inhuman goal, her eyes wide and her mouth parted in shock.

"T..that goal.."

"Prodigy."

"Huh ?"

Ego leaned forward in his seat, joining his hand together as he rewatched your goal and your moves again, an intense look in his eyes.

"This is a real prodigy. This is not something we see everyday, Anri."

He pointed out how your body twisted and how flexible you seemed.

"Talent mixed in with hard training. She must've been playing ever since she was a kid. She's very flexible, it's as if.."

"Well, how do I explain.."

He peeked at the screen from behind his glasses before pushing them back up.

"This girl, which passes as a boy, somehow. Could be the key to the world cup with the help of other talented players."

"It's a rare case of talent that only seems to grow the more she plays,"

"It's interesting enough how she can keep up with boys twice her weight in muscles and in size,"

He looked to the side, as if thinking back about the time he played soccer.

"This is what we want from blue lock."

He then thought back about your interactions with certains players, a menacing smile appearing on his face.

"And it seems like I am not the only one interested, but their interest might slowly twist into obsession."

Anri tensed up and looked at him in complete disbelief.

"A-and you're going to let that happen ? Ego I... that would be too dangerous for that girl !"

"If this is what it takes for them to be motivated, so be it."

"But what about the reputation-!"

"I doubt a bunch of hormonal teenagers are really going to try and sabotage the reputation by doing those things. In public, at least."

"...Ego.."

Anri trailed off, she didn't know what to do. The Blue Lock project was also a part of her but seeing how Ego seemingly dismissed the danger you could be put in, she couldn't help but feel a feeling of guilt grow.

She had to help you or let you know, one way or another. Right ?

"Game over. Final score: 5-4. Team Red wins."

Your eyes widened at Rin's goal, lips curling up in a smile as you shouted in joy at your victory.

Running up to him, you yelled his name as he turned around with slightly widened eyes.

"Rin !"

He didn't have time to react as you hugged him tight, your head against his chest as you yelled sentences about your victory.

He tried to concentrate on what you were saying but the beating of his heart was way too loud as he just stared down at you with wide eyes, arm slightly raised from the shock but not around you.

You then heard Aryu's voice calling your name and you let go of Rin to walk to him, not noticing how he breathed out shakingly, a hand curling around the jersey were his beating heart was.

"What is it, Aryu ? Are we choosing again ?"

"That's what I was going to ask, B/N."

He looked down at you, twirling a strand of hair between his finger before Bachira interrupted him.

"Wait. Hold on a second."

"I want.."

Only to be interrupted by a pissed off Rin.

"Shut up. I'll pick."

"Huh ?"

"Rin ?"

"Eh ?"

The three of you stared at Rin, a mixture of shock and curiosity at his request.

He ran his hand through his hair, hiding half of his face as he looked up at team white.

"No objections allowed."

"...there's now two more persons I absolutely need to crush, damn it."

He then raised his arm, using his finger to motion to Isagi to "come here".

"Come, Isagi Yoichi."

You watched as Isagi's expression was a mixture of shock and disbelief, you swear you could see a hint of anger in his eyes.

"You will watch me become the best in the world at my side."

Isagi's expression was unreadable as he looked down, seemingly lost in thoughts.

You looked back at Bachira and your eyes softened.

"Bachira, are you crying ?"

Bachira blinked, looking at you before wiping his eyes and walking away.

"Let's go, Isagi."

"Huh ? Oh, uh, right."

You glanced back down to Isagi before walking to him, leaning down slightly and raising your arm to help him up, giving his hand a slight squeeze.

You walked away with Isagi, only for him to stop, tugging you backward a little.

"I'm sorry, guys."

The three only panted, not answering to Isagi as he continued.

"We were this close to beating the "Top three". That last goal was pure luck, it's not like we got hammered-"

"Cut that crap out. Rin chose you. That's the reality."

Chigiri gave Isagi a determined stare.

"So just shut up and go on ahead."

"For real."

The two of you turned to Barou who was already glaring at you.

"If I have to look at your face any longer, i'll end up wanting to kill you. So get lost already, donkey."

"Yeah man,"

It was Nagi's turn to answer, he didn't bother looking at Isagi.

"You were the main character on this team, after all. We're paying the price for being the supporting cast right now."

He looked down at Isagi, eyes filled with determination.

"When we meet next, i'll crush you, Isagi."

He then turned to you.

"The same goes for you, B/n."

Isagi stared back at the three, feeling the excitement of climbing up his way.

"You'd better catch up."

Walking through the hallway, you smiled at Isagi and placed a hand on his back.

"It's nice to have you on the same team again, Isagi."

Isagi smiled back at you, feeling his cheeks reddening slightly at the compliment.

"T-thanks,"

"To be honest, I would've rather picked Chigiri Hyoma for the glam."

"Huh."

"But that back-heel shot you scored was glam, too."

'What's with this sparkling aura ?!'

"Welcome, Isagi Yoichi."