16. Selection

The first selection is now complete.

Oh my days finally I thought I was going to kill myself with that physical conditioning.

You rubbed your eyes, glaring at nothing as you then brushed some hair out of your face.

Those who have passed, put on your training gear, and come to the central basement area of your building immediately.

Yawning, you glanced at Bachira who seemed as sleepy as you.

"Mnh..tired.."

He muttered, glancing at you, a glint of mischieviousness in his eyes as he wrapped his arms around you, nuzzling his head in the crook of your neck.

"Bachira, what are you—"

"Let me do what I want, B/n."

he whispered in a threatening tone. making sure only you could hear him, a sly smile on his face as he felt you tensing up under him.

"Don't you dare do that."

You glared down at him as he smiled innocently.

,,,

Entering the central building, you immediately tensed up at the number of players in the room.

"Woah.."

You muttered, looking around in awe, a small smile on your face as you saw Niko. You assumed he looked back at you and was right when he looked away as you waved at him.

Is that me or is he blushing ?

You felt someone staring at you and glanced around, your gaze stopping on Reo, Nagi and Zantetsu. You smiled excitedly, sending them a peace sign as Reo waved back with a smile, Nagi giving his own small wave while Zantetsu nodded his head.

"There are no player from building 1,2,3 or 4 here. Because only building 5 exists in Blue Lock."

You tensed up, eye twitching in annoyance as you stared at Ego on the screen. Oh how you would love to punch his stupidly creepy face.

You tried listening to his stupid speech but you felt someone glaring daggers into your back.

What kind of ennemy did I get again now..

You turned around, glancing at the guy, slightly flinching as he stood pretty close to your team.

Intimidating..

But his eyes widened slightly and a blush covered his cheeks when your gazes met.

Shy ?

He immediately looked away, trying to ignore your gaze on him.

You shrugged it off and looked back at the screen, slightly taken aback when everyone started yelling profanities at Ego.

Woww..

,,,

"When you are ready, go through the gate one at a time."

"Alone..?"

You muttered to yourself, raising at eyebrow as you listened to ego's explanation.

"That's crazy man.."

You said, tilting your head and walking toward the gate before stopping and looking at the boy who was already here.

Long eyelashes..

You said, slightly freezing up when he glanced at you before kicking the ball. You stared at him in awe.

He kicked another ball, and you could only stare, your eyes sparkling with a mix of awe and determination as the two balls collided.

"Amazing !"

You said, quickly placing a hand in front of your mouth and apologizing quietly when your teammates looked at you.

The boy stopped and glanced at you again before walking in the gate.

You looked at the name and small icon popping up on the screen.

"Itoshi Rin..?"

You looked back at Isagi.

"Hey, does that mean Itoshi Sae is his big brother ? That's like, totally amazing !"

You exclamed in awe as Isagi nodded, you could see his cheeks reddening slightly at your smile but decided to not tease him about it.

You looked back at your team, patting Isagi on the back and sending a wink to Bachira before turning back to the gate.

"See you on the other side, team !"

You smiled and waved at them before entering the gate.

Ahh..i'm so gonna miss them !!

You thought, a frown appearing on your face. You shook your head and slapped your cheeks twice.

No, no ! No need to think negatively !

You entered the room, your eyes widening slightly in surprise as you looked around.

"What..is this place ? Looks empty.."

You muttered, brushing some hair out of your face.

Ah..I should cut it again, it'll get in the way..

You frowned before looking up, seeing a ball heading straight toward you.

"Ah !"

You let out a small yelp before stopping the ball with your feet, blinking in surprise.

You heard a buzzing sound and looked behind you, seeing some sort of holographic humanoid figure with a chain around his neck and the blue lock symbole on his "face".

What the hell..

You sweatdropped, raising an eyebrow.

Some writing appeared, and your eyebrows furrowed.

"Blue lock man..? Goal zone..?"

You muttered to yourself, straightening your back.

"Wah! It's getting smaller!"

You exclamed, looking around before kicking the ball.

Eek..my form wasn't good !

You said, sighing in relief when you somehow scored before looking up as you now saw the time and goals you had to score.

100 goals in 90 minutes..? I hope I can do this..

You sweatdropped, scratching your cheek nervously.

I'm still curious about that guy with the long eyelashes..