21. Rivalry between teammates

'Man, my muscles are sore,'

Isagi thought as he washed his arm with a towel gently, closing and opening his hand to watch his muscles flexing as his brows furrowed.

'It's because I did Barou's intense training regimen. I can't believe he does that everyday.'

He sighed, rubbing his arm before his hold on the towel tightened.

'I wonder how B/N is, I want to steal him away from that Itoshi Rin.'

He yelped as he got splashed with water, turning to look at Kunigami who apologized.

"I didn't mean to splash you."

"Kunigami ?"

Kunigami's eyes widened as he let go of his hair, turning his body a little to face Isagi.

"Isagi ?"

Isagi stood up and walked to Isagi, an eye still closed to keep the shampoo from entering it and irritating it.

"I didn't know you were there."

"No, no, wait. That's my line."

Kunigami exclaimed as Isagi wiped off the shampoo from his face.

"Why are you still at the third stage ?"

Isagi frowned, explaining how he lost Bachira to Itoshi Rin's team as they entered the public bath.

"So long story short, you lost to Itoshi Rin's team and they took Bachira as a result, then you stole Barou, condemning Naruhaya, and now, you're here. Is that about right ?"

"Yup, more or less. Oh, also-"

"Hmm ?"

Kunigami's interest grew as Isagi cut himself off, leaning toward him with slightly widened eyes.

"B/N was part of Itoshi Rin's team !"

Kunigami blinked, a little taken aback.

"So B/N already passed, huh. Good for him."

"Yeah. I wish I won so I could've taken B/N from Itoshi Rin, though."

Kunigami frowned at that, leaning back against the edge and looking at the ceiling.

'And I wish I atleast saw him once before he passed...'

"Who'd you team up with, Kunigami ?"

"With me, loser."

Chigiri said, sitting on the edge of the bathtub, a leg dipping in the water as he stared at Isagi.

"What were you thinking, leaving us behind ? Stupid Isagi. When I see B/N again, i'll scold him too."

"Chigiri !"

Chigiri frowned before joining his hands to create a small water jet as Kunigami held Isagi in place while he squirmed in protest, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Why didn't you wait for me, you jerk !?"

"What he said !"

"I-I'm sorry, I was gonna wait, but then Nagi asked me-"

"You talking about me ?"

Nagi answered in his habitual deadpan voice, floating on the water while looking at the ceiling boredly.

"What are you doing..?"

"Huh ? This is the easiest way to take a bath..."

Nagi trailed off, thinking back about what the trio said about you.

He would've loved to be on the same team as you, you know..

"Well, if Nagi asked me, i'd probably go, too."

"What a pain. If only B/N could say that.."

Nagi muttered, squinting his eyes slightly as his eyebrows furrowing as a pout formed on his face.

Isagi stared at him and sweatdropped.

Why is he pouting like a child..

,,,

You yawned, placing a hand in front of you mouth as you sat down next to Rin with Bachira following you.

Rin glanced down at you and then at your plate before looking back at his food.

"...why are you sitting here ?"

You tilted your head up to look at him as a smile appeared on your face.

"Am I not allowed to seat down next to the Rin Itoshi ? Is that it ?"

He glared down at you, before shaking his head discreetly.

"..whatever."

You looked down at your food, sighing as you propped your elbow on the table and held your cheek.

"..i'm bored."

You muttered as Bachira swallowed his food before looking at you.

"Why's that ? Because we're not playing ?"

You nodded in agreement as Aryu cleared his throat and posed.

"I think people might be too intimidated by our glam auras. It isn't our fault that me, B/N and I guess, you two...are too stylish for this world !"

You sweatdropped, giggling before looking at Rin as he shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest.

"No but you might be right on the intimidated part because of our numbers."

You picked up some meat, chewing and swallowing to not choke before speaking up.

"I think it's also because we're not a lot in this stage. People might be more careful before mindlessly challenging someone. And if we want someone, we want someone strong so let's not go and challenge who ever we want, I also already have an idea on who I want.."

You muttered the last part, slightly regretting to have spoken out loud as Bachira latched onto you, whining and shaking you a little to know who you're thinking about.

You placed a hand in front of your mouth, trying to push him away.

"B-Bachira don't shake me while i'm eating or-!"

Rin pushed Bachira away as Aryu scolded him for his "un-glamness" as he said.

"Are you okay ?"

He whispered in your ear, placing a hand on your shoulder to make you face him.

"Yeah i'm- i'm okay, thanks."

You muttered, a small grateful smile on your lips.

"N/N i'm sorry !!"

You blinked, looking back at him.

"N/N ? Is that a nickname for me ?"

You eyes lit up as he nodded excitedly, wrapping his arms around your shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah ! N/N !"

You chuckled, patting his arm and ruffling his hair after.

"Then I guess I should also find a nickname for you, hm ?"

Bachira smiled, not a normal smile but a provocative one. Staring straight into Rin's eyes.

As if to say, 'I won.'