8.

Author's Note: I've changed the layout slightly. Instead of making a making a space between every time someone speaks I've just started a new line. That might not make sense but please tell me if you prefer it like this or like the previous chapters. It also makes this piece look shorter. Sorry I haven't update since Saturday! I have been so caught up in revising! Enjoy and as always please feel free to come talk to me (it doesn't not have to be anything related to the fanfiction if that is what people were worried about) honestly I really love talking to people so please feel more than welcome.

My twitter is @alwaysjanoskian. 

Take care x

__________________________________________________

8.

I crept into my bed to see it was 5am. I moved the pillows and changed into my pyjamas completely forgetting Luke was there.

"You need to go now," I laughed gently once I turned around to see him resting on my pale, blue beanbag staring out the window at the early morning sky.

"I have to be at work in two hours," he moaned.

"Then you should go home and rest a little." I smiled, hopping into bed but he just came in next to me. "Luke..."

"I'd rather stay here with you," he smiled. "I'll just say I'm ill."

"No! Go home."

"Aw, don't you want me?" he stuck his bottom lip out.

I sighed, "what do you have to do for your work anyway?"

"Watch people, make sure everyones okay and stuff. Why?"

"No reason, just wondered."

My eyes felt like weights and I struggled to keep them open. Luke noticed and softly hummed in my ear whilst stroking my hair.

I woke up with my bed empty; I knew last night hadn't been a dream however due to the firm imprint of Luke's body on my mattress. I heard noises downstairs and assumed everyone was up having breakfast. I went down to see Luke and Aiden laughing with Sarah. I sat down on the stool furthest from Sarah as I glared at Luke.

"You really are not a morning person," he chuckled ignoring my narrowing gaze.

"She gets it from her dad." Sarah laughed and I pretended to laugh along too; I didn't really want to argue with her in front of Luke.

"What are you doing today?" Aiden asked me, scooping up some cereal.

"I don't know, I should probably try and make some friends around this area." I said, harshly at Luke.

"What about us?" he asked, a tone of hurt in his voice.

"I meant girls," I sighed. "Why are you here anyway?"

"Maisie, be nice." Sarah warned.

"I just popped by to be a friendly neighbour," Luke smiled but I could see in his eyes it wasn't real. He didn't want me to mention that he was here last night.

"Don't you have a job?" Aiden put his bowl in the sink.

"Yeah, I'm only having a half day today though. I'm leaving at eleven." Luke announced.

I left the kitchen to go back to my room realising it wasn't even nine in the morning yet. I was rudely awaken by a knock on my door before someone came in.

"Morning," Luke chirped. I moaned at him to get out before weakly throwing a pillow in his direction. "I'm going now I just came to say bye. Your mum said you wouldn't like it though. She knows you very well."