3.

Author's Note: Again, any comments are SO appreciated! Hope you like this chapter where the plot begins to set, sort of. Hahaha, thank you all for reading xxxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.

"No, we're going out as a family today, your mum and I-" my Dad moaned.

"STEP-mum," I interrupted. "You guys can go but I'm not."

"It's 'cause she fancies that Australian boy!" Aiden intervened, sticking his tongue out at me.

"I don't have time for your childish games you two. We're going to that waterpark together."

"No!" I protested. I was not going out with this 'family'.

After a lot of arguing, my dad decided to ground me. I texted Luke,

'I'm grounded, sorry. Have fun though x'

'Ooh naughty;) So you can't leave your house?x'

'-.- ha... ha... and yeah, I can't leave:(x'

'Okay x'

I went up to my room and put my music on full blast, now that I had the house alone. I decided, since I wasn't going anywhere, to put on my pale blue jogging bottoms and a complementing crop top as I danced around my room. I completely ignored the knocking on my front door; assuming it was someone trying to sell something.

Soon it was one in the afternoon and I turned my music off to go make myself some lunch. Why was someone STILL knocking at my door? I glanced at my phone before putting it in my pocket to see I had three missed calls from Luke. I called him back.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Your music is so loud! We're outside your door." Luke replied laughing and I heard a few guys with him. And a familiar voice, I assumed to be Beau, swearing at another one and calling him 'Jye'.

"I told you, I can't come out." I said, walking to my door and opening it then ending the call.

"Hi." Luke smiled.

"Hey!" ...another Luke said. Wait, what? Oh my God, he's a twin! How did I forget? So which one was which?

"Looking sexy, Mai." Beau winked, mocking me in my jogging bottoms.

"What do you want?" I rolled my eyes.

"If you can't come to da partay, we'll bring da partay to you!" Luke said.

"So you're Jai?" I asked to the quieter one.

"Yeah, that's me," he smiled. "I'm surprised you could tell us apart!"

"Luke told me he was sassier..." I laughed and was about to invite them in when a tall boy and his friend smiled at me.

"So this is James," Beau gestured to the taller one.

"And I'm Daniel." Daniel smiled and then we both realised we had seen each other before.

"Are you two okay?" Luke laughed, walking into my house casually followed by Beau, Jai and James.

"Yeah," Daniel said, he looked as if he was thinking something over. "Have I met you before?"

We all walked to my front room and arranged ourselves on the sofa.

Before I could reply, Beau intervened. "So, why are you grounded, missy?"

"Because my step-mum hates me and whatever she says my dad does. She's like a mind-controller, I swear." I sulked.

"Aw," Luke smiled. "What about Aiden? Doesn't he look out for you?"

"Nah, she helped him with his volleyball obsession a few years ago. Got him a coach and stuff. So, he's like devoted his life to her. I don't know."

"Did she do anything for you?"

"Except get in the way and take me away from everything I loved, no." I snapped, angrily.

James sighed, "Melbourne is nice, you know."

"Ah but she's a London girl." Beau winked.

"What does that mean?" Jai asked, innocently. I couldn't help but notice Daniel looking at me.

Beau flicked through the channels, "I don't know. She just misses her home I guess."

"I have met you, the other day! Right?" Daniel said, directing everyone’s attention to him.

"Yeah," I nodded. "You did."

"You never texted me," He sighed. "What was it? Did I come across too needy?"

"Wait, you tried to flirt with Maisie?" Beau laughed and Luke suddenly became interested in the conversation.

"He didn't flirt with me. He bumped into me and gave me his number. Honestly, I thought you were going to sell me something with your number and stuff. I was surprised you didn’t hand me a small card with your email address on it too." I replied to which Luke laughed, a little too full on.

"So you don't like him like that?" Luke asked, quickly before biting his lip ring and twisting it.

"Tell me how I need to improve for the ladiessssssss." Daniel almost begged.

"Maybe don't be an inch from touching their arses would be a start." I laughed and so did Beau.

"There's nothing good on TV, pleeeeease can we go out?" Beau begged.

"Maisie can't," Jai said, before turning towards me. "Do you have anything we can do?"

"Twister?" Beau offered, winking at James.

"No! Do NOT tell that story!" James shouted and it wasn't long before they all started telling me embarrassing stories about each other and we were all in stitches of laughter.

My phone went off loudly, it was my Dad.

"What?" I sighed.

"We're on our way home now just wanted to check you’re alright. Wait, what's that in the background?" my dad asked. Unfortunately for me, the boys decided it would be a great idea to make sexual noises.

"The TV? It's just the TV." I said giving evils to Beau in particular who insisted on screaming my name.

"What the heck are you watching, Mai?" my dad laughed.

"No idea, just this documentary thing." I rushed, thinking on the spot. "Okay, see you later. Bye love you!" I ended the call. "Why would you do that to me, guys? Besides, it is past all your bed times so off you go."

"But Mummmmmmmmmmmmm." Daniel whined.

"No buts!" I said walking to the door.

"But without butts we'd just have legs and bodies." Beau laughed, thinking he was clever.

"Not those butts, Beau,” Jai laughed. “Thanks for having us.”

Daniel was the last to leave but before he did, he smiled at me.

"I guess I'll see you around more often?" he said, hopefully.

"Yeah, I guess you will." I smiled and went to close the door to see Luke watching.