Season 2 Chapter 4

Seonghwa stood in the kitchen, silently staring out the window. He was lost in his thoughts, unaware of Hongjoong's presence behind him. Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist, and he tensed up.
"Why are you so cold these days, Seonghwa hyung?" Hongjoong's soft whisper resonated through the room as his forehead rested against Seonghwa's back. "Why are you so cold to me..?"

Seonghwa slowly turned around, gently freeing himself from Hongjoong's embrace. He took Hongjoong's face in his palms and looked deep into his glossy eyes. The pain in his heart was evident as he mustered the strength to speak.
"I'm sorry," Seonghwa's voice trembled slightly. "I didn't mean to push you away, Hongjoong. But I can't ignore how hurt I am."
Hongjoong's grip tightened on Seonghwa's shirt, desperately clinging to him. Their eyes remained locked, neither backing down from the intensity of their emotions.

Seonghwa took a deep breath, his voice filled with a mixture of sadness and frustration. "Yeosang used me, Hongjoong. He used me to make Wooyoung jealous. I thought he cared about me, but I was just a pawn in his game."

Hongjoong's expression shifted from confusion to realization, his heart sinking at the revelation. Tears welled up in his eyes as he silently pleaded for Seonghwa to return to him.
"Come back to me, Seonghwa," Hongjoong's voice wavered. "Just like how we used to be, hm...?"

As Seonghwa and Hongjoong stared at each other, their hearts heavy with longing, the weight of their fractured relationship hung in the air. The undeniable bond they shared couldn't be ignored, but they knew that forgiveness and healing would take time.
Without a word, Seonghwa reached out and gently wiped away Hongjoong's tears. The room fell into silence as they both came to terms with their pain.

Seonghwa clenched his fists, a mixture of frustration and self-preservation flooding his veins. He couldn't let himself be vulnerable again, not after what had happened with Yeosang. Deep down, he knew that Hongjoong deserved better than a broken heart.

"I'm sorry, Hongjoong," Seonghwa's voice was heavy with regret. "But I can't go back to how things were. I can't trust you...or anyone, for that matter."
Hongjoong's eyes widened, disbelief etched across his face. "Seonghwa, please," he pleaded, his voice trembling. "I love you. I'll do anything to make things right. Just give me a chance."
Seonghwa's resolve wavered for a moment, his heart tugging at the sight of Hongjoong's desperation. But he quickly composed himself, pushing away the nagging feeling of longing. "It's too late, Hongjoong. I can't let you in. I won't get hurt again."

As Hongjoong slowly backed away, defeat clouding his expression, a soft whimper escaped Yeosang, who had been eavesdropping on their conversation from behind the partially closed door.
Seonghwa turned towards the sound, surprise and guilt painting his features. He hadn't meant for Yeosang to hear this. Not now, not like this.
Yeosang's eyes were wide with shock and a wave of guilt washed over him. "Seonghwa...I'm sorry," he murmured, his voice barely audible. "I never meant to hurt you. I never wanted any of this."

Seonghwa felt a pang of sympathy, his heart aching at Yeosang's remorse. He took a step closer, his voice softer this time. "Yeosang, I didn't...I didn't mean for you to hear that. But I can't pretend anymore. I can't keep living a lie."
Yeosang's shoulders slumped, his voice filled with regret. "I understand, Seonghwa. I truly do. But please know that I never wanted to hurt you. I never meant for any of this."

The room fell into a heavy silence as Seonghwa and Yeosang stood there, surrounded by shattered hopes and broken trust. In that moment, they both realized the pain they had caused each other.

Yeosang finally dashed through the door, hot tears streaming down his face. He couldn't bear the weight of his guilt any longer, as each tear unleashed a torrent of remorse that threatened to engulf him. Running to his room, he slammed the door shut and collapsed onto his bed, burying his face in his pillow.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Seonghwa stood alone, the room filled with heavy silence. His heart ached as he replayed the conversation with Hongjoong over and over again in his mind. The wounds of betrayal cut deep, and he couldn't shake off the feeling of being used.

Just as Seonghwa was lost in his thoughts, the sound of hurried footsteps interrupted his misery. The door to Yeosang's bedroom swung open, revealing Wooyoung, his eyes widened with concern.
"Yeosang, are you okay?" Wooyoung's voice trembled with worry as he scanned the room for any signs of his distressed boyfriend.
Yeosang quickly wiped away his tears and tried to steady his voice. "I...I'm fine," he lied, his voice cracking in the process.

Wooyoung raised an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced. "Yeosang, I know you better than that. What's going on? Talk to me."
Unable to hold back any longer, Yeosang's composure crumbled. He burst into a rant, words pouring out like a dam that had finally burst. "I used Seonghwa, Wooyoung! I never meant for any of this to happen. Our relationship...it's destroyed him. He doesn't trust anyone anymore, not even you."

Wooyoung's eyes widened in shock, his voice filled with concern. "Yeosang, what are you saying? What happened?"
Yeosang choked on a sob, his voice filled with guilt and regret. "I thought I could make you jealous by using Seonghwa, but instead, I hurt him. I hurt him so much, and now I can't take it back. He deserves better than this."

Wooyoung reached out and pulled Yeosang into a tight embrace, offering comfort in the only way he knew how. "Yeosang, we'll fix this. We'll make it right, I promise. But first, we need to talk to Seonghwa. We need to apologize and make amends."

to be continued...