Chapter Sixteen

Today was Yeosang's birthday. He wasn't very excited about it because he knew he was getting older which means he's a year closer to death, well that's what he thought. Yeosang turned his head to look at the clock on his side table. 5 am. He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands before pushing his blanket off of him with his feet, staying quiet enough so the youngest member of ateez wouldn't wake up. The two were roommates but they were kind of distant. The two of them did have something in common but their conversations were too short. Yeosang took off his clothes one by one, placing them inside his laundry basket before turning on the water, stepping under it. He let out a deep sigh, closed his eyes and rubbed his face. Memories of him and Wooyoung started playing like a film in his head. Every scene that was shown felt so realistic, as if they were together right now. "I wonder if he actually thinks we're just friends.." He mumbles, opening his eyes before grabbing his favourite honey milk scented shampoo, squirting it on his head. He brushed his fingers through his soft hair, beginning to massage his scalp. Once he was done with washing his head, he grabbed his toothbrush, squeezing out some mint flavoured toothpaste on his toothbrush, brushing his teeth while he stared at himself through the mirror. He felt pathetic. He couldn't even look at himself without feeling like crap. Wooyoung didn't like him and he thought they really had something. Some people may say it wasn't that deep but Wooyoung saved Yeosang's life throughout difficult times. Their parents were in good terms. He was hurt but does he have any rights to feel like that? He fucked up things with Wooyoung. Yeosang left BigHit without telling his friend, it was all his fault.

He spat the toothpaste out of his mouth, onto the sink. Without even noticing, he was already bursting into tears. Embarrassing. Pathetic. Stupid. Dumb. That's all he could think of. Once Yeosang's shower was finished, he got dressed. He put on a pair of black skinny jeans along with a white t-shirt that had black dots here and there. Yeosang wore his white socks and dried his hair in the bathroom since he didn't want to wake Jongho up. He finished his outfit with a white teddy bear jacket, incase it he got cold.

Seonghwa was also pretty much done. He was wearing a black turtle neck with a pair of black leather jeans, which were high waisted. He topped off his outfit with a black leather jacket. Seonghwa stepped out of the room, seeing Yeosang sitting on the couch alone with his black backpack on his lap. He smiled at the other's cuteness before walking towards him, sitting beside the younger.

"That was fast." Seonghwa began the conversation, leaning his face closer to Yeosang's

Yeosang tilted his head to look at the other, a slightly forced smile appearing on his face.

"Having a hard day, are we now?"

Seonghwa didn't a response from the younger. He only got a nod.

"If you want to talk about it, you know i'm here for you." He ruffled the blonde's fluffy hair.

"Thank you, hyung."

"No biggie." Seonghwa responded with a smile on his face. "Ah, I almost forgot."

Yeosang stared at Seonghwa with confusion. Seonghwa opened the zipper of his bag, digging for something. He got a grip of the box, slowly pulling it out. "Happy birthday, Yeosang."

A smile creeped up on Yeosang's face. This time it wasn't a forced one. He doesn't recall telling the members his birth date, it made him feel warm that the others knew about his birthday.

"Is that my gift?"

"Yeah! So open it up." Said the older.

Yeosang took the pink gift from Seonghwa, slowly untying the ribbon. He didn't want to rip it off because he felt like it was kind of disrespectful. The others spent so much time on wrapping up gifts and then boom, all of their efforts are gone in the second their gift gets opened.