"Cmon Lizzie, let's just get checked out and Robbie should be on his way" I try to coax her. She sits up a little letting me wrap an arm around her back to help her scoot out of the truck. I gently slide her forward and her grip on my shirt tightens as I lower her to the ground. The second her feet touches the ground her water breaks and a huge gush of fluid comes from between her legs and drops to the ground splattering my truck and my sneakers.

"Jeez Liz, I barley touched you and I managed that" I smirk teasing her and she smacks my arm while I get her to sit in the wheelchair. They start wheeling her in as I look around at my car and shoes but notice the nurses stop and turn her around. She doubled over in pain holding her stomach but she looks right at me and says "get your ass over here."

I ditch my truck and leave it there and follow her inside. We walk through the hall for what feels like forever and they have to know she's in pain because Lizzie is now screaming on every contraction. If my clock in my head is right it's still 15 minutes apart. I quickly text Scarlett that we are here and I send her marlanas number. I've texted Robbie another two time and see it turn blue, which means his phone is on right now. As much as I'm itching to call him and scream at him to get here I can't because Lizzie is crying now and I feel like my attention is best to be with her.

I walk over to Lizzie who's finally on a bed in a private room and the nurses are hooking her up to a fluid bag. "Lizzie you're doing so good, you made it. You're here." I say and hold Lizzie's hand. She looks over at me and starts crying again.

"Where's Robbie?" She asks and I don't know what to tell her. Luckily a doctor walks in to check her out.

"Hi Elizabeth. Your doctor is on her way I'm just here to give you a little check. I'm going to check your cervix." He says to Lizzie who nods and he opens the gown to check her. I watch from the top of Lizzie as he sticks his hand inbetween her legs and deeper. It looks like, from this angle, his whole fucking arm is in her and i internally cringe.

"Wow 9 centimeters. Your almost ready!" He exclaims.

"No! No I'm not ready. My husband's not here yet!" Lizzie cries and squeezes my hand when a contraction takes over. I look at my phone see Scarlett texted and said Robbie was drunk at marlanas house sleeping. He's hungover and she's trying to wake him up but he's locked in her guest room. Fucking hypocrite.

I glance at Lizzie who seems to be calm at moment. They must have gave her something for the pain and I notice she has a contraption over her stomach now. It's like a band with a small circular thing on the middle. I see a nurse looking at a whole other monitor and there's a heartbeat on it. I see the monitor where Lizzie's heartbeat is so that means that's the baby's heartbeat. Looks strong.

"What's this" Lizzie asks me tapping on the dexcom on my arm.

"A new machine Dr. Pierce gave me." I say and pull out my phone to show her the app. It took Scarlett and I longer than expected to set it up. You would think we both were technologically challenged or something but I'm going to blame it on nerves. When you press the button on the contraption to release the little pod onto my arm that reads my sugar, it gets poked into your skin. I wasn't expecting it so when she hit the button, I flinched and may have let a tear or two slip. It did hurt and I tried not to show it but Scarlett knows me too well.

"It tracks your sugar?" Lizzie asks me and I take my phone and tap the phone to the pod on my arm and it takes just a second to load. 82. I show her the phone and she smiles.

"I'm proud of you." She says with pleased smile. "And I want to apologize for what Robbie said to you. He had no right. But I also want to apologize for not fighting harder. I should've known something was up. And I also didn't drop by or repeatedly text you like I know you hate"