Field trip to the labyrinth

En başından başla

As she hugged her, the brunnete tried to ignore the weird warm feeling she felt inside her, as well as the distracting lemon smell of Annabeth's shampoo. The events of the day before threatening to come back to her mind.

"Chiron might be right" She muttered against her neck."It might be dangerous that I'm breaking the rules. But I don't know, V. I just feel like I need the 4 of you for this.

"Then it'll be fine. We have faced a lot of bad things together, we'll make it work." Ivy told her softly. "We are the dream team, and we never follow the rules anyway"

Annabeth chuckled at those last comments, and Ivy was growing more and more aware of their closeness as she felt her best friend's breath against her neck.

It wasn't as they had never hugged before, they had an undoubtedly touchy kind of friendship. But ever since Aphrodite had talked to her during Annabeth's rescue quest, she couldn't help but start thinking differently about her feelings towards her friend.

This happening especially in moments when they would lock eyes for way too long or do any things of the sort. Just like the moment they had shared in the bathroom the day before.

"I know, it's just... I feel like this one's different. And I don't want anything happening to you or the others."

Ivy didn't have time to answer her as she heard someone behind her clear their throat.

She turned around and was met with an akward looking and red faced Malcolm.

"Um.. sorry" He said. "Archery practice is starting, Annabeth. Chiron said to come find you"

The girls stepped away from each other, and Ivy thought she saw Annabeth blushing. "Tell Chiron I'll be right there," She said, and Malcom left in a hurry. Weird.

She rubbed her eyes. "You go ahead, V. I'd better get ready forarchery." She then locked eyes with her and smiled one last time. "And thank you, I really needed it."

"You know I'm here for you. I'll go pack now, but tell me if you need anything" Annabeth nodded and smiled more genuinely at her.

And with that, Ivy left in her cabin's direction, unaware of the look in the grey eyes watching her leave.

              ∆ ~•••••••••••••••••••••••~ ∆

Morning came faster than Ivy had wished, and she started to dread going into the labyrinth more and more.

She had expected to at least get a good night sleep to start the quest well rested. But with her luck, as you may imagine, she was wrong.

Ivy, just like most demigods, was used to having weird dreams or nightmares most of nights. Nevertheless, that night's dream was definitely something else.

It was really dark, yet she could still see all types of plants and vegetation growing around the cold room.

She instantly knew there was something wrong. And the weird voice, which she couldn't even tell where was coming from, didn't help much either.

'You have to find me Ivy Thatcher' It said 'You have to be quick, you are more important in the future than you think'

The scenery of the dream then changed, it was still the same dark room but the plants were all gone.

It was hard to focus with all the noises around her. She knew they belonged to monsters lurking in the darkness, waiting for the time to come out of the shadows. She could see glimpses of their silhouettes from time to time.

There was something else, but it was hard to explain. Like a looming feeling of death heaving down through the room while a weird humming buzzed inside her head.