7

For weeks, Jungook watches his best friends give Seokjin all the attention that he was once given.

The others are all over Seokjin, calling him their cute tiny hamster hyung, complimenting him just to make his ears turn red, cuddling and giving him physical attention that jungkook craves, and even going as far as to squish his cheeks!!

It's ridiculous.

What ever happened to doing things like that with Jungkook? Not that they completely stopped or anything, but now they focus on giving Seokjin the attention to make him feel welcomed.

Jin makes it worse by being cute, is the thing. He always goes around making strawberry desserts for everyone— not Jungkook, however. Jungkook thinks Jin doesn't like him because of that and because Jin doesn't talk to him often.

It's just so annoying when Jungkook walks in the room to see Jin stuffing his cheeks with strawberries and his hamster ears twitch delightfully as Hoseok or Jimin giggle at him and call him cute.

He's too!!! cute!!!! It's not right!!!!

And it's not fair that Jungkook never gets desserts or gets invited to hang out with them when Seokjin goes and does something with the others— not that he wants the food or attention from Seokjin or anything...

In fact, Jungkook stays away from Jin on his special day, his birthday, because he doesn't want his birthday to be ruined by jealousy and aggravation. Jungkook spends his birthday with Jimin and Taehyung because the others are at college or work.

He has the loveliest day and when he comes back home, he ignores the smell of strawberry and goes straight to his bedroom. His birthday should end without the heavy feeling on his shoulders. Seokjin wouldn't want to see him anyways.

But then when Namjoon's birthday comes, the built up jealousy goes wild within Jungkook because not only has Seokjin been all over the dog hybrid, but he's cooking an entire meal just for his birthday!!!!

He didn't do that for Jungkook.

Irritated, Jungkook watches from the living room as Jin and Hoseok cook together and giggle around. They've always been the closest because they were friends first, after all. Jungkook scoffs at them, but they don't see.

"Jungkookie," a quiet, familiar voice sounds beside the bunny. It's Yoongi, who puts his hand on his shoulder. "Your tail is wagging and you're bouncing your foot."

Jungook looks at his cat hybrid hyung and huffs. "What about it?"

Yoongi gives him a cautious look. "Just one meal, Jungkook-ah. It's Namjoon's birthday. Be nice. Besides, Jin hyung is cooking us a meal, you should be excited. How often do we get to eat homemade food?"

Even more irritated, Jungkook crosses his arms and turns away from Yoongi, muttering so he can't hear, "I didn't get a homemade meal for my birthday."

When dinner finally comes and they're all sitting at the table, Jungkook's jealousy and irritation turns into sadness once he sees the cake Jin baked for Namjoon. He's happy that Namjoon is happy, but how come he didn't get a cake baked for him on his birthday? Taehyung and Jimin bought him a slice of one at a restaurant... but still... Seokjin...

Quickly, Jungkook eats his dinner in record time. It tastes amazing and he definitely wants more, but he also wants to flee the table as fast as possible. He hardly eats enough to pass as a meal, but he excuses himself anyways.

He goes to his bedroom and wonders just why Kim Seokjin had to come and take all the attention away, and why Kim Seokjin refuses to give him any attention in return.

——

——

——

——