"How is things going?" I ask sitting back in the chair crossing my arms before she tries to grab hold of them.

I'm not trying to be mean or harsh but it's just not easy to forget everything she has done to me and the kids, I promised I am will to try and I am but that's not going to be quick and easy.

"Good, good, I've not had any drugs for a week now and alcohol for 6 days which is great since I've been drinking everyday. Obviously it's due to being in here but I think I could go keep away from both" she says looking me in the eyes "how long do I need to stay here? I am already feeling lots better and think I can do it alone"

I scoff giving her a look of disbelief as the kids shake their heads slightly "you have not even been here one week and you want to leave? I thought you agreed to do with and stick to it because you want us to be together?" I ask sarcastically

"No no, I I I'm just a-asking" she lets out a fake giggle "I was just curious"

"When they say you can get out then you can get out, it's not just those two issues you have you need to continue doing therapy also" I tell her

She sighs softly "so how are you guys anyway? What have you been doing? Have you all just been together? She questions us

"Fine" Mickey mumbles "yes what else would we be doing? We are here in New York for you"

"Dads been working stuff of course, but when he is free we go out for a meal things like that,"

"I am sorry you guys are missing out on your vacation" she says sadly to the kids

"We are still going" Lacey smiles softly

"What?" Viv gasps then looks over all of us "you are going on vacation with the valentines without me? Even after Lisa hit me?" Anger covers her face though her words sound soft.

"Really? She hit you because you were horrible to her daughter as well as your own" I tell her "you know Lisa doesn't lift her hands to anyone unless it's about someone she loves so don't play the victim Viv it doesn't suit you and that wouldn't be you working on getting yourself better"

"We delayed our trip, I am going to tell the valentines to go ahead since we need to wait until this is through" Lacey grumbles annoyed

"Oh yes that's much better" Vivian smiles widely "I think it's time we start going on vacations alone"

"I'm going with the valentines" Mickey says making us look at him shocked, he shrugs "why should I wait, it's not like I can do anything to help so whenever the valentines are going I want to go with them"

"But.."

"Sorry mom but I made my choice" he mutters.

"Ok I understand" she says with a fake smile "anyway now that dad is here I want to apologise again for my behaviour and actions over the past couple of years, I am disgusted in myself but I am so thankful you all have forgiven me"

"It takes time to earn forgiveness and trust Vivian, don't rush us as we are all just going through the process it's not even been a week. I told you I'm willing to try but I'm definitely not there yet" I tell her honestly making her eyes widen in shock

I shake my head because that just shows how much of a fool I've been with letting her away with everything in the past.

"Oh" she mutters "I understand sorry I just got excited"

We all nod at her then she begins talking to the kids as I look around the room I spot the doctor who answered the door "I'll be back"

"Hi can I have a quick word please" I ask once I reach him.