Chapter 10

Immediate we stepped foot into the stables we see the foreman standing there awkwardly waiting for us

"Hey"Ocean says softly and extra sweet making it really weird.

"Hi"the foreman awkwardly says back with a small wave.

I offered him a smile and that made him blush.

Wow. I noticed something,not once has he looked at me in the eyes.

"So when are we starting?",I asked

"Oh,I was told you are supposed to choose your horse. I can help you if you want"he says,but I noticed he really takes his time to form the English.

Is he Uncomfortable around me. Because Ocean said he was talking to her freely the other time.

I sometimes see them talking normal.

Maybe my presence makes him feel awkward.

"Su..."I was about to reply but Ocean beats me to it.

"I would love for you to help me Alessio"she says hurriedly,her smile never fading.

Okay she is acting weird. More like territorial.

Okayyyyyyy.

"But..but what about the Signora"he asks looking everywhere but me.

"Oh don't worry about Aspen,she is fine"she tells him and begun to pull him away.

I shake my head and begun to walk towards the other horses.

Alessio. Cute name.

After a minute,I found a very beautiful brown horse with silver locks.

So beautiful and Majestic.

"Hey princess"I say stretching my hands filled sugar for her to eat.

I have a feeling it is a girl,she looks like one.

Suddenly I hear Ocean's giggling voice approaching me and I roll my eyes.

I don't know why she is behaving this way.

"Oh you found one"she says and I looked at her holding a black horse.

"It is a girl. And...and she likes you. What are you going to name her?"Alessio asks still not looking at me in the face.

I smirked when an idea popped into my mind.

"Alessia"I say softly and than looks back to him to see blushing with wide eyes.

"Can we start already"Ocean's sharp voice interrupted our little moment.

I stepped aside to allow him bring the horse out for me.

Everything was fine after that.

Well that is what I thought. Not knowing there was a monster crawling between my best friend and I.