4 - manners?

it was Friday, I had no classes today so I decided to sleep in a bit later than usual. I woke up at 10.34 am. I completely forgot there was a man inside my house. Gavi. I got ready for the day and headed to the living room to place my books to start studying. I didn't know if he was sleeping so I didn't wanna disturb him. I was hungry so I went into the kitchen and while grabbing the milk for my cereal I saw a note.

"Thank you for letting me stay the night, you were right I was a bit exhausted. I have training early today so I have to leave and you were sleeping so I didn't wanna disturb you, sorry I couldn't thank you in person. Pablo"

He signed it with a heart. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. It's probably because we're closer now he's comfortable with me. I go check the room he slept in to find it as neat as it was before he came over. He had manners then.

It was 12.30 now and I got a few notifications and wanted to check it. It was fabian still asking to consider his offer. I said okay to meet him at 6 tonight at a coffee shop. An hour later gavi called me and he asked to hangout tonight as well, i said no because I was busy. I didn't want him to know much. "Busy with what?" He asked. "Uhm I just have to meet someone" I said. "Yeah who?" His voice started getting more curious and firmer. "A friend gavi" I said now getting annoyed because why's he so nosy. "Boy or girl?" What were these questions he was asking. "Why does it matter?" I asked. "Just answer the question?" I take back about what I said about him having manners. "Gavi, stop it doesn't matter, I have to go" I say briefly before cutting the call. It's not like I was trying to hide the fact that I was seeing fabian it's just that I've only just met gavi a few days ago and now he wants to know all about my whereabouts? It felt weird.

It was now 4 and I decided to get ready. I quickly showered and wore something cozy but again with effort. I wasnt trying to impress fabian, I couldnt care less it's just I love dressing up.

 I wasnt trying to impress fabian, I couldnt care less it's just I love dressing up

it was now 6.16 and I was late so I called an Uber and headed there. He offered to pick me up but again I like being independent so no. I walked into the cafe and he was sitting in a corner by himself. He looked the same as I last saw him but a bit taller. He saw me walking towards him and stood up. "Hey" he said nervously. I could tell he was really nervous because he looked like he was debating on whether he should hug me or shake my hand. I did neither and just nodded and laughed.

"It's been a while" I said because he used to say that a lot when we were younger. "Hey my line" he smiled. "So what's happening with you" I asked. "Not much yk just here in Spain, thought id see you" he replied. "Earlier you said you ended things with Anastasia? What's up with that if you don't mind me asking?" I say now looking at the menu. "Oh yeah uhm I was wrong about her you know? Like at first she was someone I wanted to know but slowly with time she revealed herself and she wasn't who she was at the start? She became someone I didn't want to be near at all. Her mindset wasn't right. It wasn't like yours-" before I let him continue I had to cut him off, "if you're here to try to make me fall for you fabian it won't work" I said making sure I was clear "amara, we were so good together. Why not?" He said with his arms spread out. "Fabian we were 14, I was 14. You were 16. I wasnt even 14. I had to make you wait until I was 14 so you could date me so your friends didn't embarrass you" I said now slightly annoyed. I didn't even order anything so I was ready to leave. "This was a waste of my time and your time fabian, don't try this again for your own sake" I said walking away. I just didn't understand why he couldn't understand I didn't like him. It's like his ego was as big as his head.

As I was walking out I saw a familiar car. It was similar to Gavis. Before I walked any further to the parking lot I squinted to make sure the number plate was his. And it was. He rolled down the window as he probably noticed me just staring at the car. Now I was mad. What the hell is he doing here.

I walk up to him. "How did you find me" I asked firmly. "Remember when you shared your location to drop you home, it was live location. So it showed where you were!" He said smiling. "What the hell are you doing here gavi, this isn't funny" I crossed my arms. "Why are you mad? I wanted to make sure you were okay" he said trying to defend himself. "Make sure I was okay? Okay from what? I asked. "Fine. I just wanted to know who you were seeing." He said looking away. "So you're stalking me" i raised my eyebrows. He didn't answer. I scoffed and nodded my head and walked away. "Where are you going?" He yelled from his car. I turned around because he was so loud everyone could hear him. "Stop yelling at me". "Cmon get in the car, you're not gonna walk home are you?" He asked. "Yeah I'm not, I'm gonna Uber home" I said. I didn't hear anything for a second until I heard him close the door and run up to me. "YOU JUST LEFT YOUR CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD" I said freaking out. "I WOULDNT HAVE TO DO THIS IF YOU JUST CAME WITH ME" he said matching my energy. "GAVI" I said now looking at him like a psycho. "AMARA" He did too. "Please don't make me get a fine, I just started driving" he said now holding my hands. Before I could say anything another voice said "so this is why you couldn't be with me?". I looked up the stairs and it was fabian.