Chapter 17: Showdown

Start from the beginning

Sarah looks up at Margaret in the eyes, for a moment, before she lowers her head and nods.

Margaret: You're right. Plus, with Cassandra being pregnant, we need to go back....I can't stop thinking about that pregnant girl back at the aquarium, though....how far we went to try and get revenge for Rocky and James.

Sarah nods at this.

Sarah: Yeah...yeah...I know.

Margaret gives a concerning look.

Margaret: Marcus would've been disgusted with us.

Sarah sighs.

Sarah: I think Ashley would've, too.

Margaret: Let's try to be there for Cassandra....make James proud....she's gonna need all the help she can get.

Sarah hugs Margaret.

Sarah: I'm glad you're okay, girl.

Margaret: Thanks....

The two break the hug as they hear a couple of people shouting at each other.

Nick: Even if you make it to the island, Jedidiah will kill you! Plus, she won't come with you.

Jacqui: I can convince her to come.

Nick: You shaved your head to look like a boy! You think she'll care about whether or not you want her to come with you?!

Margaret: What the....?

Sarah and Margaret stand up as Hunter, Rachel, Elizabeth, Caleb and John come in.

Sarah: What's going on?

Hunter: Nick and Jacqui are arguing.

Margaret: About?

Rachel: We offered them to come with us to Berrington.

Sarah: Really?

Margaret: You do know those two are from that cult that skinned people, right?

John: Yeah, they've earned it, though.

Rachel: They were a part of that cult, but they're not anymore.

Caleb: Unfortunately, Jacqui doesn't want to leave San Francisco.

Margaret: Why?

Jacqui: Fuck you, Nick! If it was you, I wouldn't hesitate to go back for you!

Elizabeth: Jacqui wants to go back for their mom.

A silence between the group, before Margaret turns to Caleb, John and Elizabeth.

Margaret: I'm surprised you came all the way from the Outlands to help us out.

Caleb: Hey, you don't leave family behind.

Margaret's eyes shift to Elizabeth.

Margaret: You must be Queen Elizabeth. Caleb's talked a lot about you.

Elizabeth: Is that so?

Margaret: Mostly good things....

Sarah: Oh....so, Rachel, Jacqui...

Rachel: What about Jacqui?

Sarah: What's the deal with her? I mean, did she really cut her hair off to look like a boy?

Before Rachel can answer, Nick approaches the group.

Nick: Uh...guys?

The group turns to Nick and some of them stare at each other before John speaks.