Chapter 11: Rogue Prophets

In San Francisco, nightfall, rain, Rachel starts to come to, before groaning and shaking her head, slightly. She opens her eyes to the muddy ground moving underneath her to hear the rain and thunder.

Rachel: Wh-What?

Rachel realizes she feels two pair of hands holding her arms and two pairs of footsteps walking. She looks around to notice that two of the Prophets were carrying her deep into the forest. Rachel gasps and tries to get out of their grasp, but realizes her hands are tied in front of her. They walk past a burning car and one of the Prophets threw their torch at the burning fire then both of them tossed Rachel to the ground as she let out a pained grunt then moves her to lean to her side, and sees above, several bodies skinned from the trees. On the ground, she sees a giant wooden cross and also, other giant wooden crosses with dead bodies that have been crucified. Rachel lays on her front and tries to push herself with her tied hands, but then one of the Prophets grabs her and shoves her down to the ground. Rachel struggles underneath her as the Prophet wraps a rope around her feet. Rachel tries to struggle, but a Prophet starts to pull her up into the air. Rachel begins to hyperventilate as the Prophet female removes her hood, revealing the branded cross on her forehead, then she glares at Rachel, before pulling out a blade.

Prophet Soldier: You are a sinner.

Rachel: Please, please.

She then pulls up Rachel's shirt, revealing her stomach.

Rachel: No, no, no.

The Prophet then places the knife against Rachel's stomach.

Prophet Soldier: And you must be cleansed with the blade of righteousness and holi-

Then, everyone heard a high-pitched whistle not far from them. Her partner looks over at her then towards the noise before he runs off and she removes the knife off of Rachel's stomach. Seconds later, Rachel hears what sounds a man screaming and growling when two of the Prophets come up, holding a young Hispanic-American man with his hair braided and tied. The woman turns to him as the two men bring the man to her as he tries his best to fight against their grip.

Prophet Soldier: Nick.

Nick stops fighting as the woman walks closer to him.

Prophet Soldier: Where is the Virgin Mary?

Rachel's eye darts between the two while hanging upside down. Nick then spits at the woman.

Nick: Go to hell.

The woman stays there for a moment, before stepping back.

Prophet Soldier: Crucify him.

The two men shove Nick down to the giant wooden cross.

Rachel: Wha-what are you doing?

The men hold down Nick's arms against the cross and the man on Nick's left arm pulls out a hammer, before the woman places a giant nail on Nick's wrist. The man starts to pound the nail into Nick's left arm with the hammer.

Rachel: Stop! STOP IT!

Nick screams out in pain.

Prophet Soldier: Here.

The Prophet hands the hammer to his partner as the woman places a nail on Nick's right arm. The second Prophet raises his hammer over his head, but suddenly, an arrow hits him in the head then the cheek. He falls over as Rachel gasps. The man and the woman look towards the forest. Nick grabs the hammer and hits the man in the eye with the hooked end of the hammer and pulls it out. The woman prepares to shoot Nick, but a third arrow shoots her in the arm. The woman then turns the towards the forest and fires her pistol a few times and backs up towards Rachel. Nick pries the nail out of his left arm, before he gets up and holds the hammer up with his uninjured arm. The woman aims her gun at Nick, but then Rachel swings her hands out and wraps the rope tied binding her hands around the woman's neck. She aims her gun and pulls the trigger, but she was out of bullets. Rachel holds the wraps tighter around the woman as she tries to struggle until Nick comes up and slams the hooked end of the hammer against her temple before he falls over. The woman slumps as Rachel lets go of her, causing her to swing around.