Chapter 17: Showdown

Start from the beginning

Shawn looks in the opposite direction, folding his lips.

Kyle: I know why you came here....but I'll leave it to you on what you to do.

Shawn sighs.

Shawn: I want to honor my brother.....if James was still here, he'd want his wife and the mother of his child home safe...so that's what we need to do....

Cassandra: It shouldn't be...

Shawn turns his head to find Cassandra standing in the door way, listening to their conversation.

Kyle: Cassandra....

Cassandra: We shouldn't leave...not without making things right.

Shawn: Cassandra, killing Rory is not gonna make things right.

Cassandra: So we're seriously going back to Berrington without killing that bitch or that asshole that killed Rocky and shot you?!

Kyle: Cassandra...we need to get home...and with you being pregnant, it's too risky...

Kyle looks at Shawn, then at the floor.

Kyle: Hannah...she was pregnant....I killed her...

Cassandra shakes her head.

Cassandra: She helped Rory kill James...she gets no sympathy from me.

Shawn: Look, we want nothing more than to avenge my brother and Rocky, but now that everyone else is out here, including Caleb, John and Elizabeth, who travelled all the way from the Outlands out here, I'd rather go back home to make sure we're all safe. You, Kyle, everyone here and my brother's unborn child are the only blood family I have left. You know this is what James would want.

Cassandra shakes her head, tears forming up in her eyes.

Cassandra: Fine....

Cassandra walks off, before Shawn sighs. In the theater seats, Sarah walks from the stage to see Margaret sitting in one of the theater seats, her hands buried in her hands.

Sarah: Margaret, you okay?

Sarah walks up to Margaret as she looks up at her and smirks.

Margaret: Yeah...just restless..

Margaret stares at Sarah for a moment before she let's out a sigh.

Margaret: But also feeling guilty...

Sarah gives a confused look.

Sarah: Guilty? Why?

Sarah sits next to Margaret.

Margaret: While I was out here with Shawn trying to get justice for James and Rocky, Cassandra was here....sick and pregnant...I just feel selfish...so stupid...she needs my help and I'm trying to hunt down the person who killed the man who made me feel something since Joseph...since my brother...who made me feel alive...so, since we're both here and Cassandra's pregnant, what do we do now?

Sarah: Well. Kyle thinks we should go home...back to Berrington. Caleb, Chris, Peter and John are already making a plan to go home. We figure out a rescue mission for Samantha.

Margaret: If the Olympians haven't killed her already....

Sarah: I'm trying not to think about that.

Margaret: I understand this means that...Rory and Stephan get to live...and Stephan...that bastard killed Rocky...and he almost killed Kyle.

Margaret gives Sarah a concerning look.

Sarah: I know...but...look, the most important thing is that we got you and Shawn alive. That should count for something, right?