Chapter 14: What's Happening To Us?

Start from the beginning

Kayla: Kyle, any luck tracking Shawn or Margaret?

Kyle nods. Samantha touches Kayla's shoulder.

Samantha: Hey...Shawn's tough. So is Margaret. We'll get them back.

Kyle looks down at his bruised hands.

Kyle: I'm, uh...I'm gonna get cleaned up.

Kyle walks away from the group and heads back towards theater, through the backstage area. After grabbing a bucket full of water, Kyle begins to wash his face and hands. Kyle braces his hands on the table and closes his eyes as he lowers his head. Kyle takes a deep breath and lets it out then he raises his head to look at himself in the mirror. Kyle then gets flashes of Kia every time he punched her.

Kyle: (flashback) You gonna tell me where Rory and Stephan are now?! Huh?!

Kia: (flashback) Fuck you!

The sound of his fist hitting her flesh, her fingers and ears being severed, and her screams of pain in his ears. He sees the dark circles around his eyes and contemplates to himself. Kyle sighs to himself, before deciding to stitch up his own wounds, groaning in pain as he does, before Sarah walks in.

Sarah: Kyle? You okay?

Kyle: Just about....

Sarah: Hey...let me do that.

Sarah stitches up Kyle's wound on his chest.

Kyle: Agh.....

Sarah: Big baby.

Kyle: Can't believe Caleb and John traveled all the way from the Outlands to help us.....

Sarah: They're good friends.....that Elizabeth woman....she's...

Kyle: Something, right?

Sarah: I almost shot her when I first saw her. Thought she was a Skinner....Caleb has exceptionally weird taste.

Kyle gives a shaken look as he looks into the distance as Sarah stitches up Kyle's wound.

Sarah: Kyle?

Kyle looks down, guilty.

Kyle: I tortured her til she talked...cut her up....right in front of Hunter and Rachel.

Kyle put his hands over his mouth and starts to sob.

Kyle: God, I....I...just...I lost it....I've never hurt anyone like that before. Before that, I tore into Hunter.....I sounded just like Nathan.

Sarah then hugs Kyle as he closes his eyes and tries his best not to cry.

Sarah: You're nothing like Nathan. You're still the same man I loved...and always will love.

In another part of the theater, Rachel sits with Jacqui as Kayla is operating on Nick. Jacqui is tapping her foot anxiously as Rachel takes her hand.

Rachel: He's gonna be okay.

Hunter walks out of the room and turns to Rachel and Jacqui.

Hunter: All done. You can go see your brother now if you want.

Jacqui stands up and runs into the room before Hunter sits with Rachel.

Rachel: He going to be okay?

Hunter: Yeah...actually...

Rachel: They're human beings....kids like you and me.

Hunter: Yeah....I know.

Rachel: You okay? Back there, with Kia, I know it must've been a lot.