𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 22. deep inside

Start from the beginning

He seemed to be heading for the soccer field to join his classmates, and passed Nana, who could be seen between the bleachers.

"Get down. Hurry."
Prompted the ghost, which she quickly did.

The black-haired girl had almost panicked and crouched on the ground with Sunghoon. It was such a rush that she hadn't even realized their faces were only a few millimeters apart.

When he felt her warm, rapid breath, the skater remained motionless to avoid any physical contact whatsoever.

"You're good?"
He'd asked, a provocative smile on his lips.

The student didn't answer, just nodded; she was embarrassed, but not enough to break eye contact, and couldn't help looking at him.

Sunghoon suddenly stopped smiling, observing every detail of her face, which he had always found beautiful.

He forced himself to do nothing, not wanting to hurt himself again.

"Hey creep... You want to kiss me or something?"
He'd said, staring at her lips.

"Fuck off!"

In a flash, the protagonist had finally regained her senses and exclaimed while backing away abruptly. However, she slipped and fell; Nana was no longer hidden behind the bleachers.

The skater got up to help her, but someone ran to her, looking worried, and lowered himself to her level.

"Everything's all right, Suzuki?"
The student held out his hand, which she grasped in order to rise to her feet.

"Yeah. Thanks Heeseung."
She discreetly glanced at the ghost before gradually moved away.

"Wait! Are you going to sport too?" Heeseung followed her and they headed outside.

Sunghoon looked at them, clenching his fists. He was frustrated that he hadn't been able to help her, and wondered who this boy was that he'd never seen before.

It was then that he felt that familiar negative feeling: jealousy.

Unintentionally, Heeseung had dragged the heroine outside, so she hadn't been able to check whether Junko was in the changing room.

     "Aren't you going to change?"

He'd asked as he examined her outfit; she was dressed in a sweatshirt and white skirt. With that, she'd already made herself noticed by a few people.

    "I don't take part in physical education lessons."
Nana squinted and saw Jake not far away.

     "Oh, right... What are you doing here then?"

     "Looking for someone."
She replied coldly before moving toward Junko's boyfriend.

Jake wasn't alone; he was surrounded by all his friends, including Heather and other girls, but there was no sign of Junko, which was starting to annoy her.