XXIV

TWO MONTHS LATER...

TRICIA's POV

I breathe in the air as I step off the plane. Being in New York for last two months has definitely cleared my head and has given me better perspective. I haven't talked to any of my friends, especially Sky and I deactivated my social media accounts as soon as I left. I had no idea what happened in the wedding but I've come to a point where I accept whatever has happen. At least, I had cleared my heart at all the baggages I've been carrying for so long. I'm just glad that I had told her everything about my feelings before she started her new life without me.

But my train of thought was broken as I glance at my watch.

"Oh, shit! Guys, we're late. We're freaking late for the meeting!" I told my colleagues, Edward and Sara who are already walking ahead.

"Relax. Didn't we already tell them that our flight was delayed due to a technical problem?" Sara calmly stated.

"Really? But we're supposed to be there in thirty minutes and that's including the time we were delayed. What the hell happened?" I argued.

Edward looked over at my watch and at his.

"Looks like you've got an advanced time, Armstrong."

I narrowed my eyes at him and checked my phone too. He was right. My wrist watch was set in a wrong time and Sara chuckled. Only then I breathed a sigh of relief. This is probably just jitters. I'm back home.

My eyes landed back on Edward and Sara and smiled at them. We weren't on greatest terms before we left for New York but those two months has helped us stick with each other. So I'd like to believe we're closer now.

"Let's just go grab our bags so we can go back to Exor as soon as we can." I said to brush off whatever remark they've come up with.

But apparently, it wasn't enough.

"Why? Are you excited to see how the one that got away will fare now that you're back?" Edward smirked annoyingly at me.

Well, they knew. Like I said, we became closer because of this trip and we spilled our guts on one another that one night we had drinks to resolve our issues. We did it to help with our teamwork which was really screwed up when we got to New York. Sara was working well with either of us but not with both of us. Edward and I didn't get along so she told us to drink it off and we both had to agree. And now, he knows my secret.

Sara, on the other hand didn't help with her teasing smile.

"Shut up, you guys. Don't get me started with that or I'll get even with both of you." I threatened and they just snickered.

As soon as we got our bags, we headed for the parking lot. But before I could even see the exit, my eyes fell on the person who has been weighing on my mind the entire flight back here. I wonder how she knew I am coming in this exact time.

Richieeeeeeeeee! I'm sure he told her that I'm coming home.

"Well. It seems that you won't have to wait until after the meeting to settle this issue, Armstrong." Edward said as he bumped his broad shoulder against mine.

"See like you got yourself a ride, Trish... Goodluck. We'll go ahead to the company and make up an excuse for you if you're not back on time." Sara said as she squeezed my shoulder.

"Thanks." I managed to get out but my eyes never left Sky's.

I swallowed hard before walking towards her. I watched her shift and stand straighter from her position, making her look taller and more sophisticated than she already is. Her arms are crossed and she has an unreadable expression in her eyes. Until finally, I reached her.