II

SKY's POV

I smiled as Tricia used my last name. She always used that when we were in college, especially when she teased me or when she's genuinely happy for me. But I wonder which it is today.

"You have no right to congratulate me when you didn't show yourself for six years." I said, rolling my eyes on her but wrapping my arms around her too to let her know I'm not exactly serious about that.

"Let that go already." She said.

But I can't and I don't want to let it go. I want to know why she just disappeared on me. I am her best friend and I deserved an explanation. I was really angry and frustrated all this time and I wanted to make sure that when I see her, I'd give her a piece of my mind but right now, now that's she's here in front of me, all I felt was how much I missed her so maybe I just have to drop it to prevent my old feelings from surfacing again.

"Fine. Don't tell me the real reason." I said begrudgingly.

"But for that, you have to treat me to good coffee. And we seriously need to catch up. I have to know what's going on in my supposed best friend's life." I said as we pulled out of the hug.

She checked her watch then grinned at me.

"Sure! I'll do anything to make it up to you. Come on! I know a good café just a block away." She already started to walk but waited for me before she crossed.

Then we walked side by side. Already talking about all the stuff we missed out on each other's life.