Chapter 58 : The Right Time

Start from the beginning

"Arya, I had a question for you," Draupadi says.

Sahadev immediately became alarmed.

"Ask me, priye," he says.

"Is it right to leave a child in fear of reputation? An infant?" Draupadi voice shook.

Sahadev always said he can't answer directly about the future. But if anyone asks the right question, he can answer.

"No, Panchali. It is Adharm," Sahadev answers.

"So, if someone wants to make up for the mistake and reveal the misdeed now, is it possible to go back as before?" Draupadi asks.

"It depends, Panchali. Some truths change everything. A lot of lives, trusts, relationships. Depends on how your present it. How others take it," Sahadev answers.

Draupadi sighs. All these years she has learned to read Sahadev more than anyone. She is familiar with his uneven breathing when something bad is going to happen, when a problem is about to arise, his eyes shone with desperation. His stiffen body posture. Right now, he is scared. Scared of the truth. How is everyone going to react to it and everything.

"It's late and Vrishaketu has slept. Let's go, Panchali," Sahadev stood up.

"Arya, will you accept it?" Draupadi asks.

Sahadev gently brushes his fingers on her cheeks, "I accepted it long ago, priye."

Karn watches in surprise. The huge training ground and Satanika is standing in the middle blindfolded. What is it going to do Karn thoughts. He isn't moving. It felt like he isn't even breathing. He stood there silently.

"Don't go in Tatshree," Shrutakarma whispers and holds his hand.

"What's he doing?" Karn whispers back.

"Bhrata is training. You will see soon," Shrutakarma goes and pulls down the rod.

From every direction thousands of arrows were launched by the automatic machine towards Satanika in tremendous speed. Karn gasps in surprise.

Satanika cuts down every arrow in inhuman speed. His hands were too fast for ordinary people to see. His eyes were blindfolded. He was following only the sound of the arrows cutting the air and his instincts.

Shrutkarma picks up his bow and takes six arrows all together. Karn watches in surprise. Even as a Maharathi he can do only three together. What is Shrutkarma doing? In his utter surprise, Shrutakarma launched his arrows towards Satanika.

All of his arrows hit their targeted mark.

"Karma, you cheated," Satanika yells.

Satanika wasn't ready for Shrutakarma's surprise attack. And definitely wasn't ready for six arrows. But Shrutakarma didn't intend to hit his brother so the arrows only surrounded his body and his sword fall off.

Satanika pulls off his blindfold.

"Bhrata, Maa always taught us unless your opponent has surrendered or dead, the fight isn't over," Shrutakarma smirks.

Satanika rolls his eyes.

"Unbelievable," Karn whispers.

"Pranipath Tatshree," Satanika touches his feets.

"Yasasshi Vaba, Putra. I am truly amazed with both of your skills. Satanika no man in Aryavarta is as great swordmaster as you. Shrutkarma you have overshadowed both your father and me, Putra. This is amazing," Karn enthusiastically hugged them both.

Karn doesn't know why but he feels like he is with his own family. They are his own blood. Maybe his bond with Draupadi is making him feel that. Whatever it is, it isn't a bad feeling at all.