Say Yes To Me.

MAJOR GOOD OMENS REFERENCES YEAAAAHHH WHOOOO YEAAHH

——————

It was now November, and the winter break was coming along just as soon as it could. Harry and Draco were closer, but not too close. Draco was currently reading a book on the history of magic, as he found it an interesting subject. Sitting on his bed, it was lunch but he wasn't hungry, so he sat in his bed. Waiting until her have to leave for class, Harry was quick to rush into the room with a wide grin on his face.

Draco looks up from his book with raised eyebrows. "You... okay??"
"I'm perfect! Brilliant even! I've got someone to go talk to!"
"Someone more important than me? That's harsh, Potter."
"It'll only be a few minutes.!"
"That's how long you last? Damn, and to think I was considering shagging you." Draco said sarcastically.
"Oh cmon now, Draco, don't be like that, I won't be long."
Draco grumbled and looked up at him, shutting his book as he tucked it under his pillow. Standing up as he walked over to Harry and smirking, gently nudging him as he walked passed him. "I'll be heading to class yeah? Meet you back here after it?" Draco asked quietly.
"Of course." Draco nodded and slipped out of the room.

Draco walked around until he finally got into his class, DaDa, he sat down as Lupin looked to him. "Here awfully early, Mr Malfoy."
"Thank you for noticing, m— sir. Harry seems a bit preoccupied so I figured I'd wait for class to start in here." Draco looks to Lupin who nods.
"Heard about his job interview did you?"
"Excuse me.?"
"Yeah they're letting him be interviewed now and after he finishes school he's off to be an Auror." Lupin says as Draco inhales shakily. Standing up as he stumbled, grabbing his items and quickly rushing out of the classroom. "DRACO!" Lupin calls, quickly following the boy who ran. "Accio broomstick." He mumbled as he held out his wand, the broom came flying to him as he slipped onto it and took off. He landed by the Whomping Willow. Panicking as he looked around, the tree slowly lowered a branch down and wrapped it around Draco's hand.

"You understand right.? How could the man I love go to work for people who hate me.?" He asks quietly as the tree simply holds his hand tighter. Draco leans into the tree and rubs its trunk, muttering a soft water charm as it splashed onto the tree. "Drink up, you've deserved it." The tree, seemingly grateful, let him go and the water was absorbed quickly. Draco looked around for a moment before he leaned back against the tree and nodded off, he needed this.

"So.. what do you say?" Shacklebolt asked Harry who was smiling widely. "What do I say?? Of course! I'll start a month after I finish school! Thank you for this opportunity." He shook Shacklebolt's hand. "Great, I can't wait to see you working for us in the field." Harry stood up, "I have to get to classes."
"Of course Harry, good luck."
"Thank you sir." He quickly ran off and when he was walking down the hall teachers were scattering. He entered DADA to see Lupin frantically looking around.
"Professer.? What's wrong.?"
"Draco! No one can find him! I told him about your job and he looked as if he'd seen Moaning Myrtle die again." Harry inhaled. "I know where to find him, but I'm going alone."
"Be careful Harry."
"Of course sir." Harry quickly walked out of the class as he went outside and looked around, heading to the lake first, then to their field. He looked to his left to see the tree and Draco sleeping soundly under it. He quickly approached but was surprised when three pushed Harry away. "Wot- let me get over to him!" He said as the tree pushed him further away. "Oh cmon now-" Draco slowly say up and looked at Harry, he blushed softly as he looked to the Whomping Willow. "Hey, you got me right?" He asked quietly as the tree shook a bit. He nodded and stood up, getting onto his broom and shooting off. He flew and landed on the top of Hogwarts. He wasn't surprised when Harry followed.

"How could you not tell me Harry?"
"Look Draco this is a huge opportunity for us both! He said I could appoint you, to be my second in command.!"
Draco shuttered and looked away as he then looked back to Harry, keeping his chin up. He didn't like this idea not one bit.
"He said you'd be relieved of all charges and you could be free.! We could be together!"
"And you told him no right?" Draco said harshly as Harry hesitated, looking around as he inhaled softly.
"Tell me you said no." Draco said softer, looking at him with hopeful eyes. "With me in charge.. we wouldn't have to worry about you being hurt.." Draco gripped his broom, stumbling a bit on the roof as he exhaled deeply and looked around, trying his bed for keep it together. "Right so, I guess I'll explain why this isn't such a good idea then right?" Harry stayed quiet, looking at him as he tilted his head slightly. "Harry those people don't like me, they never have, they never will. They're just using me as some.. SOME CHARITY CASE. those people do NOT care about my side of the story. They see what the media wants them too. I'm not going to join their hypocritical shit job." Draco said harshly as Harry looked at him. "I don't want to be apart of them, I want this to be about us, and living without the idea of them constantly pestering us for news articles. Or having to live up to their unrealistic expectations. We can still.." he shuddered, sniffing softly as he looked down then back up at them, Harry was very confused. "We can still fall in love, properly. And they won't convince you that I'm some horrible person when I know they will." Harry shook his head as he stared at Draco. "Come with me, Draco! Please! Come with me and we can make people realize who you are.!"
"BY JOINING THE VERY SYSTEM THAT TRIED TO GET ME EXECUTED?" He said loudly as he sighed heavily and got onto his broom. "Good luck."
"You can't just leave me, Draco, we sleep in the same room-" Draco didn't answer, getting ready to kick off. "I- I need you!" Draco slowly slid off his broom as looked around before sighing. "Can you feel that?" There was a silence, Harry looked around and felt at himself. "I don't feel anything!" He didn't feel Draco's love. "That's the point." Harry's heart looked as if it shattered in his eyes when he realized what Draco meant. "Merlin you are stupid. We could've been us, Harry." Harry looked away, blushing softly, eyes full of tears. Draco quickly came up to him, setting his broom aside as he held it still with his foot, grabbing Harry's robes and yanking him close, kissing him roughly. Harry was shocked, his hands shaking before they settled onto Draco's hips. He kissed him back, a year sliding from Harry's eye. Draco pulled away as Harry shuddered and looked around.

"I.. I'm not ready."
Draco sighed heavily. "Don't bother with those lies." He kicked his broom up as he grabbed it, getting onto it and flying down to the school again. Leaving Harry on the roof, shocked and confused, he set a hand on his lips, trying to remember how it felt. He slowly bent down and grabbed his broom, flying down as well as he landed and walked around, he then ran to the Astronomy Tower. Entering it as he found Pansy and Hermione sitting on the couch. He tried to go past them but they grabbed him. "Nuh-uh. Leave Draco alone." Pansy demanded. "Harry what did you do.?"
"I just.. I wanted to become an auror.. I wanted him to come with me-"
"Harry.." Pansy said softly.
"He hates the idea of that job.. he's more into potions and art." Pansy said as Harry seemed a little stunned. That's something he's never known before. "Harry.. really now.. why'd you do that to him? The poor bloke came in here sobbing his bitchy little heart out." Hermione said, slightly disappointed,
"Oh.." was all Harry could manage. Harry looked around, sitting with Pansy and Hermione as they began to speak. Draco however was gathering up his items and setting it all in his trunk, everything. He flopped in bed and curled up, sobbing into his sheets. Damnit it, why had he fallen for that idiot, and why had that idiot chosen a stupid job over him? Hadn't the hero work been enough for him?? Didn't he want to live a cozy and relaxing life? Wasn't this enough?? Wasn't HE enough?? He sobbed harsher, he's never cried like this before, it hurt, frowning so much, he looked to his bedside dresser. A note? He reached and grabbed it. How come he hadn't notice this before.? He opened it, to find it was dated on the second night of this year.

"Dear, Draco Lucius Malfoy,
I know you don't want to be here just as much as I do, and I know I suck with words and spelling and handwriting neatness. But, I just want to apologize for misjudging you, you truly aren't as bad as everyone says you are. You're so misunderstood and so much more different than anyone I've ever met. I hope we can be friends someday.
Love, Harry James Potter."

Draco set the note under his pillow, frowning more. Damned that brunette and his stupid ways of trying to fix things even in the past. How the hell did the note even get there.? Harry must've placed it there or something. He needed some time alone, some time to process the information and how he was going to get through it. How he needed to get through it, looking around he found the room just the same as it were this morning, calm and peaceful, where so many domestic and romantic memories were shared. None sexual but did it have to be to be perfect? No, he was content with how things were, preferably before Harry was offered that job. He had just gotten used to the boys hair texture. He loved Harry and he didn't know how to go about it, confused and in love, his grades were slipping but still high enough to avoid suspicion. He looked out the window to find the whomping willow looking towards him, or so he thought so anyway. He loved that damned tree, so sweet, so kind. Even when people say it isn't, it's helped him through a lot.

Harry slowly came up to the door, knocking gently. "Draco? Id like to speak with you." Harry said through the door.

———————

Say yes to Heaven, say yes to me, I've got my eye on you, I've got my mind on you.🕺