A First For Alot Of Things.

Harry woke up with a flinch, thank god he avoided the worst part of his nightmare, he sat up and looked out the window to find it raining outside, gently pattering against his window. Well.. guess the storm just came in later than expected. He slid from the bed and stretched, walking to his wardrobe as he opened it, glancing to the ethereal sleeping form beside him. Draco Malfoy, he always was so elegant, even when sleeping. Harry was jealous of it, grabbing some clothing for the day as he shut the wardrobe and left to the bathroom to freshen up. Using a wordless spell with his wand, he learned it was 7:47am

Draco awoke to Harry walking out of the bathroom, fully ready for the day as he let out a huff, sitting up and rubbing his head before sliding from the bed as well. "Since when did you get back here, Potter??" He asks, not the normal amount of bile built in his voice as Harry's eyebrows raise momentarily.

"Not too long after you, don't worry—" he choked on his own words, recognizing he just admitted he knew they were gone. Draco looking up at him with a confused look, "stalking me, Potter?"

"No- id never-" Harry quickly says, trying to stop his coughing as Draco shakes his head and looks away. He scoffs softly before he walks past Harry, bumping his shoulder with his as he walked into the bathroom. 'He freshens up first.?' Harry questioned himself as he shrugged and grabbed his items for the day, walking and leaving the room.

He was on the way to breakfast, he noticed Ron also walking to breakfast looking quite normal. Harry approached him and at his side he cleared his throat, Ron looking over to him. "'Arry! Scared the shit outta me-"

"Sorry, Ron. How're you and your roommate coming along?" Harry had his hands in his pockets.

"It could be worse honestly, he's really quiet.."
"Can't say the same for me, Malfoy is always so whiny."
"Feel bad for you, mate."
Harry exhaled as they arrived and entered The Great Hall, spotting Hermione speaking with Pansy as they approach and sit across the two.

"Parkinson? Hermione" Harry called as he looked between them and nodded slightly, Ron was already making his plate. "Morning, Potter, me and Granger are just speaking on our schedules and whatnot-" Pansy shrugs as she turns back to Hermione, continuing to whisper and laugh with her.

"I'd love that!" Hermione exclaims as Ron looks up, "love what?"
"To get my nails painted!"
"I'll even do it myself!" Pansy said proudly as Hermione smiled and nodded quickly. Ron rolled his eyes slightly as he munched on a pancake. Harry gave a smile until..

"Morning Potter, Pansy, Granger, and Weasel." Draco addressed everyone. Harry's eyes narrow as he turned his head to face Malfoy, looking up at him. Malfoy sat beside Harry as Blaise sat beside Pansy.

"Morning Weasley." Blaise murmured as Ron looked up in surprise, "morning Zabini-" he said as he then went back to eating. Harry simply grabbed himself a plate. Draco only grabbing a piece of toast. Everything seemed tense when around them. But, when from afar it looked as if it were six friends getting along just fine. Everything was quiet, mostly anyway, the occasional glances and giggles from the girls were decently enough.

——

After breakfast they had all gone to the same first class, that was strange, to Harry at least. Transfigurations. The tables were a desk with two chairs with it, in four separate rows with a space in the middle for the teacher to walk down. Harry sat down in the middle right of the room, Draco joining him simultaneously, Ron sat behind Harry, Blaise casually sliding next to him. Hermione sat at the desk beside Harry's or to his left, Pansy sitting with her as the class began to fill in. The rain was nice to listen to as they sat in class, the professor spoke quietly, as it was very early. The students seemed to be mostly listening. Harry was staring dead ahead, blinking but not showing any signs of focusing. Draco looking to him as he nudged him harshly, snatching Harry out of his trance as he looked down at Draco.