Chapter 6.17: Competition Time

(DECEMBER 2010)

---

RYLE RIVERA

"Their strength is less than half," Adrian said. "Kevin, Arnold, Petra, Saul, make a head-on charge with the intention of capturing their flag."

"Daddy Long Neck," Rich started. "Charge head-on and free the others."

"O-Only me?" this Daddy Long Neck said.

"Did I say another name? No? Then go!"

"Damn it." Howard charged, removing his hood.

He got past Petra's unit by kicking snow in their eyes and was almost taken down by Saul before a roll of toilet paper smacked him in the face.

"You brought the toilet paper with you?" Rich asked one of his friends. "Bond told you not to waste that!"

Howard was quick, but by the time he encountered me, he was exhausted and it didn't take much to subdue him.

Howard winked and pointed at our prisoners who escaped our jail area and were running towards no man's land. They were in an arrow position, protecting Hunter, who was carrying our flag.

The radios went off with Rich's voice, "Adrian. Come in, Adrian, How the hell are my men getting out of your prison?!"

"That's my line, you moron!" Adrian screamed into the device before turning to us. "Kevin, Arnold, Petra, change of plans, intercept those guys. Saul, you and I are gonna wait at the border."

The escapees formed a circle and held off Kevin, Arnold, and Petra while protecting Hunter who was cowering in the middle.

Hunter removed his shoes and shoved the flag in one. "We're ready."

"Nice work, Million Dollar Arm," Rich applauded. "Mary Poppins, this is all on you!"

Hunter gripped his shoe like a football, hurling it towards Bond who appeared behind Mr Cranston. He caught it and made a dash to his flag.

When did he get the chance to stand behind Mr Cranston?!

"The Notorious BLT, give Mary Poppins back up," Rich ordered.

Cook left his cover and charged at Bond, who was getting chased by Arnold and his squad. They managed to tackle the camper and rip the shoe from him.

Bond went around tapping Arnold's unit and since they were in enemy territory, they were out for the count.

"The flag isn't in this shoe!" Arnold managed to say before Cook covered his mouth.

"Then where is it?" I asked, turning my head to the escapees.

Brianna emerged from the forest, knocking down a few of Petra's men and making an opening for Grant, who ran off with Hunter's other shoe.

Without thinking, I sprinted to intercept Grant and managed to tackle him from the side. But before I could grab the shoe, which indeed had our flag, Grant tossed it to Conan, who began sprinting back to our territory being pursued by two of Saul's men.

Something about Grant's face seemed off. I pulled down his yellow hood to find Sam underneath, winking at me. "Gotcha!"

I cupped my hands around my mouth. "This guy isn't Grant! It's Sam! They switched jackets!"