Chapter 5.7: Class On An Outing

(DECEMBER 2010)

---

RICH MUTATIO

Emilia waited for us near the exit. "What took you guys so long?"

"We got sidetracked," I said. "And why is the teach breaking down?"

Mr Darley was kneeling on the snow surrounded by everybody.

"You were using this test of courage to scare us into dating each other, weren't you?" Kayla accused. "We know exactly what you're trying to do."

"B-but, you guys are my first class," Mr Darley cried. "Don't you guys wanna hold hands? I've always wanted to stop students from getting together but you guys are crushing my expectations."

"Are we sure he's an adult?" Penny asked. "Mr Darley, other than like a person, no one our age is interested in that kind of stuff. Besides, that topic is something that should be handled with care. And you can't possibly be the catalyst for us getting together."

"You guys are so mean!"

When we got back to the cabin, all the boys let me take a shower first. I finished quickly and headed to our room to change. I didn't even bother going downstairs to hang out with everyone. I just dropped into bed.

As sleep drifted my consciousness to the great beyond, the memories of what happened today began to fade away.

What's next on Rich Re:grets?

<><><>

Thanks for reading this far and don't forget to comment and vote as it would help push this story out a lot.

How did you find the class characters in this chapter?

Zoey is the first POV character that's not Rich, what do you think of it? Did the switch in POV help with the narrative?

What do you think of this trip?

Rich and Bond's relationship gets explored a lot more here, what are your thoughts on this?

What did you think of Rich and Zoey's walk in the forest?

Author's Note: The original draft of this chapter was around 80 pages long and took me almost 4 months to write because I semi-based it on my overnight trip experience. It was terribly paced, filled with a lot of inside jokes between my friends and me, and just had more filler scenes than important ones.

I ended up cutting it down to 32 pages and moved the original ending scene to the opening scene for the next chapter. I think these changes are what makes it my favourite chapter up til now.