Chapter twelve

'throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

I didn't understand what the big fuss was about. Everyone wouldn't stop going on about how I had the same strength as Clarissa.

I hated nothing more than being compared to people. I couldn't bear it. I was an individual,a completely different person from whom Clarissa was.

We weren't the same person, so why compare us to each other.

"You don't get it, Lily. Clarissa is the strongest out of all of the females here. You have the same amount of strength as her. That is a big deal."Elisa clarified to me.

We were back at the pack house. Me and Clarissa would be fighting each other next week. This pack is very different from my old one.

It's going to take a while to get used to the way things are here. For example,every female and male here are ranked by their strength.

The beta is the second in command because they are under the alpha in strength but above the other werewolves because they are weaker than the beta.

Clarissa has the highest amount of strength in the females, and I have scored the same amount she has.

There can't be a draw, so we have to fight each other for the title as the strongest female in the pack.

Currently, me and Elisa are about to go for a run in our wolf forms. We go behind the trees and shift.

My bones start clicking into the ones of my wolf, and my fur sprouts all over my body. My shift is slow but painless.

I haven't shifted in a while. That's why it's taking longer.

As I come out from the tree in my white wolf form, I see Elisa. Her wolf is a ginger chestnut colour. Her fur is thick, and her eyes look more green than emerald in her wolf form.

We run through the trees, chasing each other in the process. The moist soil digs into my paws as I run through the forest.

My hearing takes in every little sound in the territory. I enjoy being in my wolf form because it makes me feel free.

We were near the border when I heard a growl. Turning around,I see a large blonde coloured wolf.

It snapped it teeth at me and Elisa. My ears turn upwards as I get into a fighting stance. I watch as Elisa lunged towards the rogue wolf.

There is a whimper of pain before Elisa falls to the ground,blood oozing out of her leg where two claw marks are etched deeply into her leg.

I howl, trying to get the attention of the pack before throwing myself forward. Me and the wolf claw at each over for while, trying to injure each other.

I managed to use my claws to scratch the wolf's neck before tackling it to the ground. Another growl comes from behind me.

Another brown wolf jumps towards me, ripping me from the blonde wolf. I collapsed in the ground as both of the wolves come towards me.

I noticed a large claw mark running from my paw up to the top of my leg. They cut me deep, and most likely, I  will need stitches.

I whimpered in pain. The wolves were about to lunge forward when a familiar black wolf attacks them.

My mate claws at them, easily ripping them off of me. I watched in awe as he tackled them to the ground, growling in their faces.

When I thought it couldn't get any worse,my mate broke their necks by putting his  jaw around them.

Standing up,my mate came towards me. His wolf towered over me. His eyes scanned me over me in worry.

I collapsed to the floor in exhaustion, but a part of me couldn't deny being slightly happy because my mate did care about me.

That was my last thought before darkness surrounded me.