Chapter 57 : An Unexplainable Emptiness

Start from the beginning

"Mata was betrayed by Maharani Devika and others too," Siyaanshi sighs.

"Our fathers promised Mata they will never remarry. But later changed their mind. Siya...I vaguely remember how broken Maa was when Pitashree Arjun brought Buashree Subhadra in Indraprastha. I swear Siya...I never saw someone that much broken and hurt in my life. It felt like Maa's soul has left her body," Prativindhya recalls that specific day.

"Will Maa forgive them?" Siyaanshi asks.

"I don't know. Maa loves them to such an extent that can only be called divinity. But as much as I know my maa, she will never ever let them stomp over her self respect again. She won't accept them," Prativindhya says.

Draupadi felt a goosebump on her body as she felt certain pair of lips on the back of her neck and two pairs of arms around her bare waist.

"Arya Bheem, I am cooking. Unhand me," she scolds embarrassed because Nakul and Sahadev are sitting nearby.

"I won't," Bheem rubs his nose on her shoulder.

Draupadi sighs annoyed. Here she is struggling with an overly energetic Vrishaketu who will crawl in a month or two. And here her husbands are behaving like they are in their early teens. All of them are testing her patience every single day.

Draupadi grew uncomfortable in Bheem's open display with love. They were never this much expressive and that too in front of other brothers.

"Bhrata Bheem, Panchali might not get burnt as she is Agnisuta but you aren't. You are too close to the fire," Sahadev snickers.

Draupadi shook off his hold and concentrated on her cooking. The spatula fell from her hand as she again felt his lips on her shoulder.

"Arya, what are you doing?" Draupadi whisper yells glancing at Nakul and Sahadev who smirked but hid it from her.

"I am loving my wife. What's your problem with it?" Bheem fakes his anger.

"Arya, your brothers are here. I have to cook. Leave please," Draupadi pleads.

"They know when to be blind," Bheem smirks.

Draupadi looked at him pleadingly as he continued to leave sensual kisses on her shoulder.

"You focus on your work, I will do my work," Bheem says.

Bheem's hands began to draw circles on her bare waist making her feel ticklish. He gently slinded her hair on another side and exposed her back. He run the back of his fingers on her back loving her soft skin against his rough palm. His eyes are filled with amusement as if he is seeing her for the first time.

Draupadi felt restless under his gaze. Rather than desire his gaze hold affection and amazement. What is he so amazed about?

"Panchali.." Bheem calls.

Draupadi looks at him questionably. She is sitting beside him. Why is he calling her?

"Panchali," he calls again.

"I am sitting beside you," Draupadi facepalms.

"Priye," Bheem purs like a child.

Draupadi gave him a look and focused on her cooking. Her cooking is almost finished. She closed the lids to keep the foods hot.
She turns to the other side and her head bumped with Bheemsen. Before she could understand anything, his lips captured hers. That shocked her momentarily before she jumped up and her head again bumped with a pot hanging from the ceiling.

"Panchali, be careful," Bheem says worriedly.

"You... You..." Draupadi couldn't believe what just happened.