🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 5 🐍

Start from the beginning

"Ooh, check it out, Angel!" Grim says as he looks around. "We got a whole blanket of snow out here!" He runs in the snow.

"It's amazing how fast it came..." Angel says in awe as she picks up some snow, letting the snow settle into her gloves before dropping it. "Maybe we can play in it once we come back!" She happily says, remembering how Ace, Deuce, and Jack told her about playing in the snow when they were kids.

"Oooh, you're right!" Grim says as he looks at her, shaking the snow from his fur.

"Then let's check on the fireplace and come back to play," Angel suggests and Grim nods.

"Yeah, maybe the fire fairies are feelin' the chill, too. Better bring 'em some firewood," Grim says as he joins her. "Oooh, and I can check out the kitchen an' see if they got any leftovers while I'm there! La-la-laa!" Grim sings as the duo walk, happy at the prospect of any leftover food. While the two were walking, they looked around campus, gathering any wood that seems suitable to be used as firewood. Once the duo grabbed enough wood for the day, they head to the cafeteria, ready to give it to the fairies. While walking, Angel looked around, seeing that not just the dorm, but the whole campus was covered with snow, relishing in the silence it provided, seeing that the birds and little animals that used to run around on campus were probably hibernating, and with only the two of them, it felt a little lonely not seeing students walking and talking on their way to class. She didn't mind though, after all with the busy year she had so far, having the campus to herself seemed like a dream come true, a time where she can actually let her guard down and relax for a change instead of dealing with her friends' shenanigans and cleaning duties. She takes a deep breath, only to regret it when she felt the sharp cold wind whip her hair around, reminding her that it was cold outside and shivered, quickly heading to the cafeteria.

Once the two entered the cafeteria, they let out a sigh of relief, happy at the fact they got out of the cold, but still feeling the effects. "Geez, it was cold out there! My paws feel like icicles!" Grim exclaims, shivering at the effects of the cold weather. "Angel, hurry up and get that firewood in the fireplace," he whines, trying to warm himself up. They looked around, seeing that the cafeteria was lit up despite no one being in there, and looked around for the fireplace, only to see that they made it just in time since there was faint smoke coming out from the remains. They hurried to the fireplace, carefully positioning the firewood in a way that'll warm up the cafeteria efficiently while also making sure that it wouldn't go out so quickly. Once they finished arranging the firewood, they looked around, trying to find the fire fairies that Crowley mentioned only to be surprised when they see something orange in the fireplace flying towards them. Upon closer inspection, Angel noticed little people surrounded by fire, seeing that it was the fire fairies that Crowley mentioned. I've never seen a fire fairy... She thinks, thinking back on Petal, Dew, and Leif being more of forest fairies than fire fairies. The fire fairies smile at the two, mainly happy at the fact that they have a new supply of wood, and sat around the wood, sparking and setting it on fire, creating a warm sensation to course through the duo's bodies. "Ahh...You guys must be the fire fairies," Grim hums in happiness, relishing in the warmth they provided. "I'm feelin' warm and fuzzy just being near you."

"Thank you guys for your hard work," Angel tells them, and they only smile at the duo, carrying on with their work, letting the sound of the crackling fire fill the cafeteria. While the two enjoyed the sound and warmth of the fire, another sound was heard, mainly the sound of something hitting a chopping block and what seems to be a pan frying something, leaving them confused.

"Hm? What's that I hear over the crackling fire?" Grim asks as he tries to listen closely to the sounds. "Chopping? And...sizzling meat?" He happily says. Once he confirmed his deduction, the smell of cooking start to fill the air, getting both of their attentions as the scent of food start to permeate the room. "And now my nose is tinglin' with the spicy aroma of foreign cuisine!" Grim exclaims happily as he tries to follow the scent, sniffing the air around him, only for his nose to be pointed to the kitchen. "It's coming from the kitchen. Let's see what's up, Angel!" Grim says as she only follows him, heading towards the kitchen. I thought the ghosts were on vacation... She thinks as they get closer to the kitchen, surprised to see the sight before them.