🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 1 🐍

Beginne am Anfang

The man named Gazeem only cowers at his glare. "A thousand apologies, O patient one," he says, trying to appease Jafar's anger. "But I got it!" He exclaims as he reaches into his vest pocket, trying to find something that appeases him.

Jafar only observes him. "Trust me, my pungent friend. You'll get what's coming to you," he says calmly as Gazeem pulls out what looks like a golden beetle shining in the night. He lifts his hand in the air, with Jafar watching silently, only for the beetle to react, pushing its shell back and wings starting to move as it lifts of Gazeem's hand and start flying into the desert, leaving a faint trail of golden sparkles in its path. Jafar saw this and quickly whipped the reins of his horse, trying to follow the beetle, leaving Gazeem behind, trying to at least follow the man. "Quickly! Follow the trail!" He commands to his horse, and the horse only neighs in response, trying its best to follow after the beetle. After a few minutes, the beetle starts to move faster, as if sensing that Jafar was following it, and Jafar only grits his teeth, whipping the reins again. "Faster!" He commands, and the horse moves faster, trying to catch up to the beetle, or at least, to follow the trail it left behind. Minutes pass as the chase continues, only for the beetle to start to slow down, with Jafar following suit as the beetle slows down in front of him, burying itself in the ground. The horse stopped, with Jafar watching intently at where the beetle buried itself in the sand, as if waiting for something to happen. Suddenly, the ground starts to shake, spooking the horse, but Jafar only smiles at the scene in front of him, seeing that the pile of sand that the beetle had landed in was starting to rise and something began to morph in the sand, with the sand taking the shape of what looks like a giant cat, opening its mouth as a stairway appears. Jafar only gets off his horse and look at the cave in awe, a devilish smile on his face. "At last, after all my years of searching..." He says as he walks towards the cave. "The Cave of Wonders."

"Awk! Cave of Wonders!" The parrot repeats.

"Now, bring me the lamp!" Jafar commands the parrot, and the parrot only nods, as if understanding his instructions.

The parrot was about to fly off the shoulder, only to be stopped by a voice. "Who disturbs my slumber?" A voice asks, with Jafar looking at the cave, seeing that the cave was somewhat sentient, even surprising Angel as she watches the scene before her. Before Jafar was able to give an answer to the question, a field of black started to take over Angel's vision as she is soon consumed by the darkness.

Angel's eyes flutter open, signaling the time to wake up, which she dreaded a little at the fact that her dream wasn't answered. She gets up from bed, putting a hand on her head as she tries to recollect the events of her dream, leaving her confused even more. "I've never seen that place before..." She mumbles, trying to make sense of the dream she just had, only to shake her head, and get ready for the day ahead.

Once she finished getting ready, she and Grim left the room, closing the door to their room and felt the familiar presence of ghosts as she turns around and see her Adam, Benny, and Casper welcoming her. "Hey Angel," Casper greets, and Angel responds, but Benny sensed that there was something wrong with her. "Why so bleary-eyed?" He asks, only to confuse her.

"Huh?" Angel asks in confusion, trying to see what was wrong with her appearance or at least, trying to remember what was different about her when she looked in the mirror.

"You look like you've seen a ghost. Heh heh heh," Adam says with a chuckle.

"Today's the last day of the fall semester," Benny announces. "Look sharp and don't bungle the landing."

"Oh yeah, tomorrow's the first day of the winter holiday," Casper says as he remembered the news. "Have you two decided what you'll be doing?" He asks the two.