Chapter 2 - Wake Up!

Start from the beginning

//\\
\\//

He didn't take the news well. Of course, who would? Anyone would freak out if they found out they'd been tortured and killed by their grandfather in a previous life. With those kinds of memories rushing through his head, it was really no wonder he had a full blown panic attack. It was a good thing they did this upstairs, in Kacchan's room, far away from the prying eyes of his parents. Another plus was that both Izuku and Katsuki were experienced in dealing with victims and panic attacks, which meant they could help him get through it.

"It's okay, you're okay, you're safe," Izuku whispered as he rubbed his back. "You're not where you think you are. Just breathe."

"Hey, Tsubasa, focus on me, 'kay? In... and out... In..," Katsuki said, sitting down in front of him as he pressed one of Tsubasa's hands on his chest, trying to make him focus on his breathing, on the rhythm of his heartbeat. It took a while, but eventually they managed to calm him down enough in order to tell him what was going on and how he'd gotten into this situation.

"I know it's not nice to think about, but we need you to remember as much as possible," Izuku told him. "That way, Kacchan and I can make sure it never happens again. Not to you or anyone else."

"Yeah... Yeah, okay, I..." Tsubasa forced out, still breathing heavily.

"Take your time," Izuku added, trying his best to comfort him. But could he really? He had no idea what he'd been through or how it must've felt to be turned into a Nomu. It must've been awful, to carry those memories with you at such a young age... Izuku couldn't imagine what it felt like, didn't want to try, either. Comparing things, being quirkless didn't seem all that bad.

"We need to know where his lab is," Katsuki said. "Is he using the one in Jaku? The one under the general hospital?"

"No, uhm, I didn't-" Tsubasa choked out, taking a shaky breath. "The basement. He's... He's using his basement."

Ugh, that just made this whole thing worse, didn't it? For Garaki to fall into the typical mad scientist cliche that is 'lab in the basement'. But it was convenient, Izuku guessed. Having your test subjects so close, being able to keep an eye on your research at all times. It was more fucked up than it was practical though, because which bastard even thinks of torturing humans in his basement?! It reminded Izuku of old stories of kidnappings, where men would keep girls in their basements to use as they pleased. It wasn't as easy to kidnap a child in the age of quirks, something Izuku was grateful for.

"Does he lock the door?" Katsuki asked, and Tsubasa nodded. "You know where he keeps the key?"

"On his person."

"Fuck," Katsuki cursed, sounding annoyed and frustrated.

"What are you thinking about, Kacchan?" Izuku asked.

"Uh, breaking in, obviously?" Katsuki said as if it was the most logical course of action.

"Kacchan, we're four," Izuku deadpanned. They were kids. They couldn't just break into someone's home! They didn't even know where the guy lived, what kind of security he had, nothing! They didn't have any of the abilities, resources or support they had when they were older. "There's no way we can break into that lab."

"Then what the hell are we supposed to do?"

"...We could send Tsubasa in," Izuku suggested, but that didn't seem to be the right answer here.

"What?! Are you fucking mental, Deku?!" Katsuki hissed. "We're not asking him to go snoop around in that shithole after everything he's been through! What the fuck, Deku?!"