“…”

“If you object, I will go back to the temple and do it alone without the Marquis. The reason I ask the Marquis is…”

I looked at him and told him the truth.

“It’s because I trust the Marquis.”

Similar to what Raid’s prophecies I had read described, Cass was a man who lacked human sympathy and affection. Whatever he did, he acted for the good, and was willing to let go of anything that didn’t benefit him.

But I’ve come to see that he wasn’t like that, at least not to me.

At my words, Cass stared at me with painful eyes for a long time. Then, hardening his expression, he opened the drawer and took out the purple liquid.

“If the Saintess doesn’t come back…”

He took out a bottle of red potion and opened it. Dark blue eyes were looking at me.

“I will storm into the Salerium and grab the God of Death by the collar.”

[The God of Death, Kairos, gropes around his neck with anxious eyes.]

I smiled lightly at his words.

Soon he gulped down the bottle of red potion. He then poured the purple liquid into an incense burner and lit it.

Outside the window was enveloped in thick darkness.

I came closer to Cass, who leaned over to me, and our eyes met closely. My heart was pounding with fear, but looking into his dark eyes somehow made my heart feel at ease.

Soon, the surroundings became dizzy and began to spin around. And a soft touch landed on my forehead then fell. I could tell it was his lips.

‘A good night kiss?’

In the midst of panic, I heard a low voice in my ear and my consciousness was cut off.

“When you wake up, please slap me on the cheek for being rude.”

A chat window popped up in front of my darkened eyes.

[The God of Death, Kairos, blesses the ‘All-Purpose Pocket’.]

[The God of Death, Kairos, uses Response on you.]

[The God of Justice, Hetuse, uses Response on you.]

***

The God of Death’s palace ‘Salerium’ is a land that can’t be reached by a living body.

My consciousness, which was sinking into death, headed there in the dark. It felt far away, as if I was sailing on a boat through an endless universe.

In front of me there was a small light, like a firefly, as if to tell me where to go.

At some point, the surroundings were covered with gloomy darkness without even fireflies.

As if all the sounds in the world were muted, it became less and less heard, then I felt the smell of damp soil at the tip of my nose.