Astrea goes to say something but starts coughing heavily. She goes to cover her mouth but blood is coming out fast.

My cut she thinks.

Before she could check it she falls to the ground spitting out blood. Then she blacks out.

The last thing she hears is her name screamed by the boy who had always given her comfort rushing towards her.

***

After Astrea passed out Edmund had a few words to say to his brother. He rushed to carry his crush's body and into the How. He carried her all the way to her room and was forced out of the room so that she could be treated.

Obviously, the boy had a fit but Susan calmed him down. Peter felt bad for the girl and wanted to check on her, but Edmund wasn't having it. He didn't want his brother anywhere near Astrea and pushed him away.

Apparently, something went wrong when Lucy gave Astrea the cordial. Her wound healed quickly but she wasn't responding. She was breathing, had a pulse, and a heart rate but she wasn't waking up. And that freaked Edmund out.

He would pace the halls outside her room. Count the cracks in the ceiling to pass the time by. He refused to leave the space that his girl was in.

His girl?

They weren't even together, so why would he think that?

He doesn't even know.

I care for her, he thinks to himself

A few days have passed and he still really hasn't left the girl's side. He would check in on her until the little caretaker would kick him out.

His siblings notice how depressed he got and how hostile he got around Peter. They thought it would get better when Astrea woke up. At least they hoped so.

***

Susan watched her little brother sadly. She cared for her friend as well but she honestly didn't know what was worse, watching her brother carry himself depressingly or waiting for one of her closest friends to wake up.

Susan felt helpless.

She hated feeling helpless.

She wanted to help but didn't know how.

She just wanted everything back to normal, she wanted her sarcastic brother and her bubbly best friend back.

All she could do was sit back and wait.

***

Astrea was having dreams.

Every night would be something different.

They were dreams from her past. It was like she was watching her past self in a movie

"Come on Charlie," Her mom said to her dad.

"Elaine wait," Charlie said to his wife.

They seemed to be in a house and were walking into this hidden room behind a bookshelf.

"Hurry, and grab Astrea. Make sure she has on the appropriate jacket this time," Elaine jokes to Charlie.

"It was one time. What about her brother?"

"He's too young, he'll have to wait if he wants to go," Elaine explains.

"Come on Astrea don't you want to play in the snow?" Charlie asks baby Astrea.

The baby just giggles and sticks her tongue out.

"Adorable," Charlie says and walks inside the secret room.

Elaine walks in first with Charlie following and slowly the opaque walls transform into tree branches with snow on them.

Elaine takes the baby from her husband's hands.

"Welcome to Narnia, Astrea!"

(Edmund rn^)