Return

Hogwarts, 20/09/1981, 13:45

It had been almost three weeks since Hadrian's disappearance from Hogwarts on the first day of lessons. Weasley had spread rumours he had left to raise an army of dark wizards which garnered a stinging jinx from Canis. Malfoy had publicly states to all those who'd listen that Hadrian had ran home scared after experiencing the power he possessed earning the disrespect of most Slytherins who had began to build respect for the Potter Heir after hearing of his feats in the morning of the first day of classes. Both Canis and Daphne had received a letter on the morning of September third explaining that Hadrian had disappeared to go home and rest after releasing built up emotional strain in a large wave of magic causing extreme physical, mental and magical exhaustion. Daphne had sent a reply to her father explaining everything thinking it was her fault that Hadrian had broken down that day but she later received a reply from Hadrian himself saying that it wasn't making her almost cry in relief. She had been collecting spare notes for Hadrian ever since she got the letter so that he would be able to catch up on his studies when he returned which she hoped was soon.

And soon it was

Hadrian returned on the night of September 25th, entering through the floo in McGonagall's office instead of Dumbeldore's, much to the boy's relief. He wore brand new acromantula silk Hogwarts robes after his old ones were singed and shredded by his 'outburst'. He met Snape halfway to the dungeons who then led him to the common room. Before they entered, Snape held Hadrian's shoulder, led him to the side and began to speak with him. "Listen, Mr Potter. If you ever think you are under too much pressure from your peers, schoolwork or emotions don't hesitate to inform me and I will arrange you a leave of absence as soon as I am told. I myself made the mistake of holding all my emotions to myself many years ago and it cost me my closest friend, I will not let that happen to you as well." Hadrian looked at the potions master, the usual scowl or sneer replaced by a soft father-like expression causing a lump to rise in his throat. He nodded slowly and Snape led him into the almost empty common room. The dying embers of the fire in the centre of the room cast a long shadow onto the floor in front of Hadrian who stiffened at the thought of confrontation.

Before he could say anything, he turned to see Snape had left the common room and the door slid shut behind him with a load hiss as the bricks joined together which caused the person in front of the fire to jump up. The person looked at Hadrian before turning and descending into the first year corridor of rooms, disappearing into the darkness of the night. Hadrian followed slowly behind and entered his own room, falling asleep very quickly after his head had hit the pillow.

The next day, Hadrian woke up at 4am and began to change into his workout clothes. He completed his run around the lake, using it as a chance to clear his head before restarting at school. Once he was finished, he climbed back to the castle where he was on the receiving end of constant stares from other students. He hurried off to the Slytherin common room where the staring of other students continued until he went into his bedroom. Once he was changed, the common room only had a few people left in- a few seventh years and also Blaise, Tracy and Daphne. Hadrian walked over and slapped his hands on Blaise's shoulders, causing the latter to jump up in shock. "Harry! Welcome back," he said,"I didn't know you'd returned from your 'hiatus' so soon. How are you feeling?" The three Slytherins stared at Hadrian with questioning looks. "Never been better, Blaise," he said withe a grin,"morning Tracy, Daphne. How about we go out for breakfast? I'm starving," he groaned and began to walk towards the entrance to the common room. He left the common room, his three friends jogging to catch up as he walked hastily towards the Great Hall.

Just as they approached the large metal doors of the hall, Hadrian turned and went up the stairs to the first floor corridor which completely bewildered the other three. They continued to follow him as he walked behind a tapestry and into an extremely dark tunnel which they all had to crouch in so they wouldn't hit their heads. After they exited the tunnel, they watched as Hadrian tickled the potrait of a fruit which upon letting out a high-pitched giggle, swung off the wall to reveal an opening which they all entered. "Welcome to the Hogwarts kitchens," Hadrian said, turning to his friends and outstretching his arms. Daphne, Tracy and Blaise looked around the room and then back at Hadrian. "How come you've came here and not into the Great Hall?" Daphne asked, watching him speak to an elf before sitting at a small table. "Well, with being away for 3 weeks, I don't think eating in the Great Hall would be a very quiet affair with all the questions about my 'hiatus'," he said as a full English breakfast appeared in front of him with a pop and he began eating. The other three moved to sit around the table, similar breakfasts appearing for them.